With Gamescom fast approaching the teaser and announcement trailers will be coming thick and fast. And with Skyhill: Black Mist preparing to wow the crowds at the show, Klabater and Mandragora Games have dropped a new tease of the game – live action style!
Releasing this fall on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC, Skyhill: Black Mist is the follow-up to the original Skyhill which has now sold well over 200,000 copies. And if the trailer below is anything to go by, Black Mist is sure to follow in those footsteps.
Thrusting us inside a huge and luxurious condominium built by Skyhill Inc., and playing things out as one of Skyhill’s new employees, you will get the chance to follow the game’s hero as he moves into the new apartment unaware of what is to come. Things quickly go wrong – it wouldn’t be much of a game if it didn’t – and you’ll have to draw upon your wit and skill to outsmart the dark monsters and possessed cultists that have suddenly invaded the mazelike corridors. Wandering the complex will see you searching for a missing daughter, all whilst avoiding a threatening black mist which has turned humans into vile creatures. But the environment is unforgiving and even the smallest hiccup will result in a heavy cost. And this all combines to ensure that Skyhill: Black Mist presents a unique blend of stealth-action, survival and RPG genres, set across a modern dystopian world.
”Skyhill: Black Mist is not your typical survival or horror game, it is much more story oriented. Hence the idea of live-action trailer to make it more human and emotional. We hear voices from terrified guests, minutes after someone or something takes over the building. It could have happened in the real world. And when hell breaks loose, our main hero starts his desperate run for survival. So, this movie is like an introduction to our story.” Said Eugene Kisterev, Studio Head at Manadragora.
“We want to build a whole story around the game. That’s why we’ve also plan several unique promo activities for Black Mist. It’s the survival genre at its best but also heavily loaded with a touching plot.” Added Lukasz Mach CMO at Klabater.
- Non-linear exploration – Carve your own way in the semi-open world of Skyhill condominium, and within buildings such as, schools, shopping centers, business lounges, cinemas, underground parking spaces and variety of other technical locations.
- Survival at all cost – Infected by mysterious black mist, you’re slowly dying… You’re constantly in danger, you have to search for medicine to heal your wounds, gather and manage resources, craft new tools and weapons to survive as long as possible in this hostile environment. And above all else, you need to find a way to stop a mysterious black mist.
- Story-driven plot – Immerse yourself in a twisted story full of unexpected turns, where the line between reality and illusion is heavily blurred.
- Play Your Way – Solve problems however you choose. Use the environment to your advantage, lure enemies into traps, sneak using stealth or hit them hard with brute force, you decide.
- Mysterious Threat – Nothing is as it seems, distinguish reality from illusions to find out what’s real and what’s not to solve the mystery of the dark mist’s origins.
- “Original Skyhill was a great sucess for us, but as a developer we’re always looking to raise the bar higher and explore new areas.” Said Eugene Kisterev. “Skyhill: Black Mist is a completely new opening for the series in terms of gameplay but is also much more story-driven than the original. We’re excited to have teamed up with Klabater because they are very story-focused publisher, most of their titles rely on touching stories and that is exactly what we wanted to do with Skyhill: Black Mist – to make a great survival game but also loaded with cool narration and real emotions.”
Skyhill: Black Mist will be coming to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC this Fall, with the Steam Wishlist page now open. It’s sure to be one of the most anticipated games of the next few months, and the live action trailer cements that draw.
Check it out below and then let us know if this is a game you’ll be sticking on your list.