Way back in August 2018 Modus Games, eXiin and Fishing Cactus unveiled the delightful looking Ary and the Secret of Seasons for Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC. Telling the tale of a young girl – that’s Ary – this platformer would allow players to work with the ever-changing seasons as she attempted to take on enemies in order to restore balance to her home. At the time, a 2019 launch was on the cards, but much like anything in life, that has been consistently pushed back. Until now.
Available to purchase and download from the usual digital stores for Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC, Ary and the Secret of Seasons is now with us; two long years from the first announcement. And yep, that means we finally get the chance to join young Ary on her quest, exploring the world around her, listening in on a captivating narrative and working with dynamic environments as we manipulate the seasons around her.
This 3D world looks to provide a wonderful experience with all manner of gameplay opportunities to be had. And whilst our upcoming full review will be able to shed more light on how Ary and the Secret of Seasons actually plays out, chances are it’ll be something well worth taking in. We dearly hope that is the case.
- – Rewarding exploration. Harnessing the power of the seasons, Ary can traverse sweeping landscapes in search of new destinations, solving amazing environmental puzzles to progress.
- – Captivating storytelling. Ary is recruited to help the Guardians of Seasons, an old organization caught up by rigid traditions. As she ventures through uncharted locations across Valdi, Ary will discover secrets and hidden meanings behind the Guardian of Seasons.
- – Dynamic environments. Manipulate the world around Ary with her environmental powers. Leap between ecosystems to bend the world and seasons to her needs.
- – Fluid combat. Ary’s skills will be put to the test as she encounters foes looking to thwart her progress – from local inhabitants to hulking behemoths, she will use all the tools at her disposal to overcome monumental obstacles.
- – Alluring 3D world. A beautiful visual style combined with an enchanting soundtrack creates a lingering atmosphere that will surely become a memorable gameplay experience.
If you fancy joining Ary on her adventure of a lifetime then you’ll find the Xbox Store providing the Xbox One download at an asking price of £34.99. You’ll also find the game available on PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Let us know in the comments or over on our Discord server what you think of Ary’s tale. We’d love to hear from you.
Journey across the magnificent world of Valdi! Ary and the Secret of Seasons is an award-winning adventure game following a young girl named Aryelle, or Ary, as she journeys across the great world of Valdi. By becoming the Guardian of Winter, Ary gains the ability to manipulate the seasons around her. Ary will learn to control the seasons and use them to defeat enemies, overcome obstacles, and solve complex puzzles on her adventure across Valdi. Long ago, the world of Valdi was threatened by an evil mage. After a great struggle, he was defeated by the Legendary Warrior and sealed inside the Vault, imprisoned for all eternity. To ensure the mage’s imprisonment, four great sages swore to keep watch and protect the Vault. They formed the original Guardians of Seasons, a secretive organization now steeped in history and legend. After a mysterious force throws the seasons of Valdi into disarray, Ary decides to assist the Guardians of Seasons and sets out to find the source of the mayhem. Using her wits and courage, Ary will have to overcome monstrous enemies, secret plots, and stuffy traditions to save Valdi and bring balance to the world once more.