It was only a few short months ago that we told you Townsmen: A Kingdom Rebuilt would be coming to Xbox One and PS4. But it is today that launch becomes reality.
Available to purchase and download on Xbox One and PS4 right now – joining the previous PC and Nintendo Switch editions – Townsmen: A Kingdom Rebuilt from HandyGames is a city builder with a difference; that difference being the fact that it whisks us back to medieval times.
As I’m sure you can guess, the premise of Townsmen is to take a small ye olde village and magically transform it into a grand medieval empire, one in which the citizens are happy, the economy is vibrant and the cash flow is rich. With multiple structure types, plenty of strategic calls to get behind, and hardships to overcome, everything that is usually present with a city building affair is in place here with A Kingdom Rebuilt – it’s just the entire vibe focuses on a different way of life.
You’ll also find a ton of interesting scenarios to play through, a decent smattering of story included and no less than 33 maps to endlessly play through. But further to that HandyGames have also dropped in the new ‘The Seaside Empire’ DLC which pings us the way of a new Mediterranean setting with a whole host of further options included.
- • City-building gameplay set in medieval times
- • Complex economy sim and deep production chains
- • Over 150 different town and production buildings including “Seaside Empire” skins for each one
- • Seasons and weather effects that influence gameplay
- • Citizens have their own daily routines with different demands
- • The overarching “town level” brings player progression for every single deed – you’ll be a better sovereign each time you play the game
- • Devastating (but optional) disasters like fire, the Plague, drought and many more
- • 32 diverse scenarios, challenges and 48 Choice & Consequence story events
- • Unrestricted endless mode on 33 maps
- • Optional military feature with soldiers and bandits
- • New townie language for livelier interactions
- • Includes the DLC “The Seaside Empire”
Fancy getting your hands dirty with some old-school city building? Get over to the Xbox Store and PlayStation Store right now. And should you be sitting on the fence unsure whether this is one for you or not, keep an eye out for our full review. It’ll be incoming soon.
Welcome, your Highness! A vast land awaits your settlers and is ready to be colonized. Send your architects and builders to plan and construct a city. But also send your craftsmen, to cut some wood and to mine ore. Make sure your fields are on fertile grounds, to get all the food for your hungry citizens! The crown is yours: Guide your people from their first steps in a small village to a massive medieval metropolis with hundreds of inhabitants. Townsmen – A Kingdom Rebuilt is a medieval city-building strategy game. It features a complex economy system, requiring you to build production lines, trade efficiently and keep the balance between tax income and your Townies’ happiness. All the while, your town will have to face season specific hardships like water shortage in the summer or the inability to grow crops during the wintertime. A huge variety of buildings and many different jobs for your citizens will help you overcome these and other obstacles. Build military barracks to stand your ground against vicious bandit attacks or employ a doctor in your infirmary to battle the plague. Firefighters, hunters, farmers, blacksmiths and many more will help you build up a stable community. Gain experience for all your deeds as the town’s governor and use it in research that will improve efficiency through technological advances.