Yep, Cyberpunk. We know, the world can’t get enough of it. But as we still hold on and wait for the launch of the most anticipated Cyberpunk title in history – Cyberpunk 2077 – we’ll just have to make do with all manner of other goodies instead. And that is why Merge Games are here, to reveal a brand new, super slick, super stylish new cyberpunk styled shooter for Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC – Foreclosed.
Running with a super neat comic book drenched aesthetic, Foreclosed will see you fighting against the dehumanized bureaucracy that stole your identity. Coming to Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC at some point in time, Foreclosed has been shown off with a lovely gameplay reveal.
Crweated by those at Antab Studio and pushed out by Merge Games, Foreclosed takes inspiration from the likes of the Deux Ex and Max Payne series, as well as Frank Miller’s graphic novel, Hard Boiled, Foreclosed is a striking display of narrative-driven action where the player takes control of brain implant abilities, hi-tech weaponry, and a diverse skill tree system all encompassed alongside a striking cyberpunk-graphic novel aesthetic.
Foreclosed utilizes a compelling combination of the interactivity of video games with the visual aesthetic of comic books, all will mixing in some diverse, hi-tech combat. Cutscenes are interactive and transition smoothly to and from alternative gameplay styles to allow the player to truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Slick Cyberpunk Action – Foreclosed blends a striking comic book aesthetic alongside high-octane, cyberpunk infused action gameplay.
- Hi-tech Combat – Modify your Symbiotic Pistol with an assortment of customisations including “Machine-Gun” mode and explosive rounds.
- Firmware Upgrades – Discover and unlock brain implant abilities with an RPG-like skill system
- Interactive Comic Book – Everything from gameplay to cinematics are experienced within the stylistic framework of a graphic novel to make you truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Original Story – Follow the story of Evan Kapnos, his identity recently Foreclosed, stripped of his job, brain implants and access to the city Blockchain. He must now escape the city before his identity and implants are auctioned off…
We’ll be sure to bring you more information concerning Foreclosed as and when development progresses. For now though, make sure you check out the trailer below and wishlist it on Steam should you be sold on the premise.