If you like gruesome, you’re going to love Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, as Merge Games reveal their Lovecraftian horrorpunk to the world.
Full of bloodthirsty encounters, rich lore, challenging foes, mini-bosses and some huge large scale battles, Morbid: The Seven Acolytes has today been announced for Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC. And as always, to celebrate the fact, there’s a rather great announcement trailer to take in.
Coming from Merge Games and premiered at the recent Future Games Show, Morbid: The Seven Acolytes is a new title that is super rich in Lovecraftian horror and Cronenbergian gore, as you get to experience an epic isometric action RPG filled with brutal boss encounters and a diverse world to explore.
Being published by Merge, with creation rights handled by those at Still Running, this is one of the most gruesome takes yet on the isometric souls-like genre. You see, in Morbid: The Seven Acolytes you find yourself as the last Striver of Dibrom. Your duty, of which you have trained your entire life for, is to defeat the Seven Acolytes and free the kingdom from the heavy yoke of their terror.
With fully orchestrated music which will allow the ferocious encounters within to come to life, in order to succeed across the hostile world of Mornia, you will have to master the wealth of combat and customisation options available. Do so, and progress will be made, letting you improve your character and gear through quests, perks, runes, looting and upgrades, defeating the Seven Acolytes and saving the kingdom!
Features of Morbid: The Seven Acolytes on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC (wishlist it on Steam if you like) include:
- Experience epic, brutal boss encounters and explore a diverse array of environments
- Perk levelling system with multiple ways to build your character
- Deep, immersive lore with NPC’s to meet throughout the world
- Over 25 Unique Melee Weapons, such as Swords, Axes, Maces, Spears, Two-Handers, as well several guns ranging from Pistols, Shotguns and Rifles
- Epic fully orchestrated soundtrack comprised 18 tracks
- Health, Stamina and Sanity management is important as you traverse the world
Sold? Check out the announcement trailer below and be sure to let us know your thoughts.