Game Freak Inc. and Rising Star Games have joined forces to ensure that the Metroidvania inspired GIGA WRECKER Alt. will be coming to Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PS4 later this year.
The 2D action/adventuring Metroidvania inspired title won’t just be hitting the digital scene though as the partnership between the legendary developers at Game Freak and that of Rising Star Games will also see a physical edition of GIGA WRECKER Alt. hit Nintendo Switch and PS4. Obviously that doesn’t affect us Xbox One gamers in any way, but it’s still good news to see both a digital and physical release arrive.
“We are excited to be working together with Rising Star Games and Thunderful to bring GIGA WRECKER Alt. to console gamers around the world.” said Game Director, Masayuki Onoue.
But what is GIGA WRECKER Alt.? Well, it was first brought to life through Game Freak’s internal “Gear Project” where its developers are encouraged to come up with intriguing ideas for games outside the company’s normal. This has seen the game deliver a 2D world of navigating platforms and solving increasingly challenging puzzles, leaving you to progress to unearth the mysteries of a sudden invasion that left the world in ruins.
As players explore, they’ll get the chance to use the abilities of Reika – the game’s main protagonist – in order to destroy and reconstruct their surroundings, solving each puzzle and fighting back against the invaders. A mixture of exploration and physics will be found in place, seeing players bringing down towering walls and then using that rubble as a platform for navigating each level.
Reika has a power known as ARCHE (Arms Creating and Handling Effect) that allows her to construct various weapons from rubble and scrap. This ability helps her create and navigate platforms, beat traps, and destroy enemies. Of course, there’s also the ability to crush enemies with falling objects as well
It’ll be coming to consoles with brand-new content too, adding 20 additional puzzle stages to its campaign, a new companion character to assist players with the game’s increasingly challenging puzzles, and an “Ironman” mode with 5 times the damage than the regular mode.
New Content for Consoles will include:
- Twenty brand-new puzzle stages added to the game’s Campaign mode
- New non-playable secondary character that assists players with more difficult puzzles/challenges if they become stuck for a period of time
- A new hardcore ‘Ironman’ mode that increases the damage to 5 times greater impact than normal mode.
- Overhaul of the original localization to enhance the user experience
- Italian and Traditional Chinese languages added for a total of 11 in-game languages (Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese).
Will you be checking out GIGA WRECKER Alt. on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch? Let us know your thoughts.