The world of Middle-earth is a fascinating one and now that found within Shadow of War has just got a whole ton deeper. Desolation of Mordor is here and it arrives alongside a free content update.
Available for all Middle-earth: Shadow of War players to enjoy, the Desolation of Mordor Story expansion allows gamers to play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise. For the first time, you will get the chance to command the forces of Man against a deadly Orc threat to the East, utilising a whole host of new abilities and gear as you set about conquering the harsh desert region of Lithlad, home of the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm.
The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion includes all of the following:
- Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise, in a new story expansion where players can command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
- Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, grapple and kite.
- Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the all-new desert region of Lithlad, lair of the Were-Wyrms.
- Complete a host of new outpost missions and overthrow the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm.
- Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
But alongside this story expansion come a number of free content updates which will just make Middle-earth: Shadow of War an even better experience than before. These will see enhancements to the Nemesis System, a new Brutal difficulty setting, new skins, photo mode upgrades and an update to the Online Fight Pits and Conquests.
Full details as follows:
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Overlords can now have bodyguards, who function the same as Warchief bodyguards and are able to deploy spies.
- Brutal Difficulty – Enemies are as fast and lethal as on Gravewalker difficulty, but damage is increased greatly, and Might and Wrath will fill up faster allowing players to use more special moves.
- New Player Skin – Choose to appear as Baranor in the main story campaign.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New stickers, styles and filters inspired by the Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion.
- Online Fight Pits & Online Conquests Update – Search for friends by player name when battling it out in online modes.
If you haven’t yet played Middle-earth: Shadow of War then make sure you hit up our full review and get a download in asap. Just be aware that the ability to purchase Gold has now been removed. However, you will still be able to spend Gold and receive Gold via in-game challenges up until the Market closes permanently on 17th July.
The Microsoft Store will be able to sort you out with a download for just £16.24. Those with the Expansion Pass will be pretty much sorted already.
The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion includes: • NEW Story campaign • NEW Side missions featuring Torvin • NEW Human Mercenaries and Bodyguards • NEW Region of Mordor – The Desert of Lithlad • NEW Beasts: Were-wyrms Play as Baranor, the Captain of the Tower from Minas Ithil, and travel deep behind enemy lines in the Eastern Deserts of Mordor and raise an Easterling Army to open a new front in the Shadow War. Rendezvous with Torvin, the epic Dwarven Hunter who traveled deep into the Desolation of Mordor pursuing the legendary Were-wyrms. Baranor is an exceptional Commander with new Skills and Abilities to lead his men into battle against the Orc forces.