Ever wanted to mix a bit of frantic tower defense action with some real-time strategy and role playing elements? Headup Games and Happy Tuesday will be allowing you just that with Hero Defense.
Announced back in August for a October 2017 release, things have slipped a little and now we are on target for a Q2 2018 release on Xbox One and PS4, as Hero Defense will thrust you into a dark fantasy world that is populated with vampires, werewolves and zombies. It’ll be up to you – as part of Jack Sanders’ team of monster slayers – to defend the world by utilising RTS, tower defence and RPG elements, falling back on individual skills and weapons all whilst being powered by powerful spells and runes.
Strategically manoeuvring your team of upgradeable heroes through various arenas will be the order of the day and finding the best spots and using strong auras to destroy hordes of sinister enemies will be crucial to any success. With Hero Defense featuring an enormous depth due to customization possibilities, and many RPG elements like skill trees, modifiable weapons, runes and magic spells included, this is one game that is happy to cover multiple genre bases.
- Kill creeps fast to punish the enemy in an innovative mix of RTS and Tower Defense
- Liberate your island, assemble your team and enjoy hours of a narrated story
- Defeat gigantic bosses which challenge you with their special abilities
- Customize your heroes through a deep RPG layer
- Rebuild your town and unlock new buildings and abilities
- Gain XP to access and level up each hero’s individual skill tree
- Gather loot and equip spells that freeze, burn and poison the undead
- Modify weapons by collecting and socketing powerful runes and customize your builds for devastating combos and skill-synergies
- Replay procedurally generated enemies and endless mode challenges
About Hero Defense
In order to destroy the world’s most powerful vampire, your team of slayers must impale, slash, tear and burn through legions of undead hell-bent on world domination! Take charge of five unique heroes that battle their way through various arenas to defeat Count Necrosis. Hero Defense challenges fans from RTS, RPGs and Tower Defense games to strategically maneuver their upgradeable heroes to destroy hordes of sinister creeps.
Once a full release date is known, we’ll be sure to pass the info on.