While the draw of fast paced shooting experiences and hardcore racing sims is unlikely to ever diminish, for many there is nothing better than kicking back with a controller in hand and becoming immersed in a musical frenzy. With the likes of the brilliant AVICII Invector providing many rhythmic-based musical memories, Freedom Finger takes a slightly different approach, mixing rock tunes with side scrolling shooting. And the best thing about it is that it’s available right now on Xbox One and PS4.
Previously available on Nintendo Switch and Steam, Wide Right Games have now dropped their wacky space shooter Freedom Finger to Xbox One and PS4 – and if you’re after something a bit batshit crazy, then this is the game for you.
Running as an enhanced edition of the previous drop with new levels and music, Freedom Finger on Xbox One delivers more of the rhythm based madness that gamers have already had the chance to take in, as you attempt to fight back hordes of enemies whilst enjoying some proper kick-ass tunes. Providing not just a kooky ride, Freedom Finger on Xbox One and PS4 comes with plenty of audio enjoyment, a star-studded lineup of voice actors and music talent including voice legend Nolan North and underground hip-hop artist Aesop Rock.
With the same fresh content hitting Nintendo Switch and Steam for free, this enhanced version also includes new stages, new music tracks, a fully unlocked arcade mode, optional God mode, new language options and much more.
It’s all been created by Emmy nominated producer Jim Dirschberger (Sanjay and Craig), to deliver a foul-mouthed trip through 40 handcrafted levels as you go about piloting a middle finger space ship in order to protect Democracy and rescue the inhabitants of the American space station on the moon. If you like shmup styled gameplay, love some good old rock, or are just looking for something a bit weird, then Freedom Finger certainly looks to be a game you’ll want to take notice of.
And for those wanting a more toned-down PG-13 experience, a censored mode is also included, complete with voice-overs befitting that of a rated-R movie being played on daytime television.
- A unique soundtrack including music by Aesop Rock, Red Fang, METZ, Power Trip, Com Truise, White Fence, Ty Segall, Makeup & Vanity Set, Drab Majesty, John Maus, Vektroid, Danimal Cannon, and more!
- A fully voiced, fully animated story mode starring Nolan North, John DiMaggio, Sam Riegel, and Eric Bauza!
- Classic shmup gameplay blended with melee combat! You’re flying a giant fist, so use it! Punch, toss, and smash enemies to smithereens!
- Fight your way through 40 handcrafted levels, spread out over 13 worlds! Each world features new music, enemies, power-ups, and challenges!
- A wide selection of difficulty settings. Whether you want to chill and enjoy the story or crank the difficulty for a heart pounding challenge, we’ve got you covered!
- A highly satirical storyline that explores hot-button topics such as communism, US foreign policy, sriracha sauce, and crafting in video games.
Our full review of Freedom Finger on Xbox One will be whizzing its way to you real soon but in the meantime anyone who is tempted should be found hitting up the Xbox or PlayStation Stores. You’ll find it available for £12.49.
Let us know if you grab it.
Freedom Finger is a music driven, side-scrolling shooter that sends you blasting, punching, and smashing your way across 40 levels of crazy cartoon action. Soundtrack features original music by Aesop Rock and licensed tracks from Red Fang, METZ, Power Trip, Com Truise, Ty Segall, Makeup and Vanity Set, Drab Majesty, John Maus, Vektroid, Danimal Cannon and many more! A fully voiced, fully animated story starring Nolan North, John DiMaggio, Sam Riegel and Eric Bauza.