Milestone have their fingers in many pies, but nearly all of them involve two-wheeled machinery of some kind, with focus on Monster Energy Supercross, the RIDE series of games, Moto GP and that of MXGP. It is the latter which we are here for today, as MXGP 2020 rolls out onto the Xbox One, PS4 and PC starting grids.
MXGP 2020 – The Official Motocross Videogame is the latest, greatest, and most exciting of all the MXGP titles. Following on from what was found in the likes of MXGP 2019 and MXGP Pro over recent years, this time round we see focus on the 2020 season. That should mean you get the chance to jump on to some of the most exciting bikes from both the MXGP and MX2 categories of racing, playing as any one of 68 riders across the 19 circuits found throughout the season.
Whether you decide to jump in fresh and green, or join an existing team in order to prove your worth, MXGP 2020 will have you covered. It’ll also get your back on the Track Editor front, and that of the Playground too, dropping you into the Norwegian fjords and getting down and dirty.
- YOU ARE THE CHAMPION – Challenge all the riders, bikes and teams in the 2020 MXGP and MX2 categories. Build the racer in you and become the champion you’ve always dreamed of being.
- DESIGN YOUR JUMPS – Create the perfect track with the revolutionary new editor. Choose from different settings, take advantage of new elevations and share your creations with the community.
- THE PLAYGROUND AND WAYPOINT MODE – Improve your riding in this training area, inspired by the suggestive Norwegian fjords, and explore the stunning scenery. Take competition to a new level with Waypoint mode! Create your own route by placing checkpoints on the ground. Share your best time online to earn points to help you progress through the game!
- ONLINE COMPETITIONS – With new dedicated servers, the multiplayer experience goes up a level. A very reliable connection, zero latency and very large bandwidth. No more excuses, new challenges are waiting!
- EXTREME CUSTOMISATION – Unleash your imagination and get the best results by customising bikes and riders with over 110 official brands. It’s not just fun to watch, your choices will affect your performance.
Next-gen editions of MXGP 2020 are promised – well, the PS5 version is, there’s still no word on Xbox Series X – but for now you’ll find the game rolling around the stores of Xbox One, PS4 and PC via Steam.
We’ll have a full review of the finished work with you in the days and weeks ahead, letting you know whether this 2020 variant manages to build on the 2019 and Pro options, but for now just head over to the Store of your choosing and take home a download. It’s set with a £44.99 price from the Xbox Store, and is also available on PS4 and PC via Steam.
The official videogame of the Motocross Championship is back! Jump onto your bike and let the adrenaline rise with this new gaming experience. Take control: discover what’s new in the official series.