Ready to descend into the first layer of the nine hells of Neverwinter? It’s time to head on in to the Infernal Descent on Xbox One and PS4.
Having first arrived in Neverwinter for PC back in January, Neverwinter: Infernal Descent now begins to unfold on console, with Xbox One and PS4 players given the opportunity to team up and go on an epic adventure that has been based on Baldur’s Gate’s: Descent Into Avernus.
Coming from Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios, Neverwinter’s Infernal Descent is the latest major update for the free-to-play MMORPG that is set in the Forgotten Realms. And this one will have Neverwinter players experiencing an epic adventure that has been inspired by, and based on, the Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons tabletop adventure, Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus.
In Infernal Descent, Vallenhas Manor has been ripped from Faerûn and pulled into the fiery depths of Avernus, the first layer of the Nine Hells, during the ongoing conflict between devils and demons known as the Blood War. Players must team up with two new heroes, the Paladin Alric Vallenhas and the Bard Etrien Sael, along with heroes of yore for a grand adventure through the Nine Hells to save the people of Vallenhas Estate from the infernal machinations of the archdevil Zariel.
This means that as Neverwinter players descend into the fiery depths, they will begin to experience a new endgame campaign that has been specifically crafted for level 80 characters, a vast adventure zone with heroic encounters and a new challenging endgame dungeon set in a devil’s citadel right above Avernus. But further to that and other additions include unique story instances, new diabolical enemies, equipment, and more.
- Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus Storyline: Players will witness a thrilling story based on the official Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus campaign from Dungeons & Dragons unfold as Vallenhas Manor has been ripped from Faerûn and pulled into Avernus, the first layer of the Nine Hells.
- Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus Campaign: Brave adventurers can enter a challenging endgame Descent Into Avernus campaign for level 80 characters that have players descend straight into Hell to save the people of Vallenhas Estate from the infernal machinations of the archdevil Zariel.
- New Neverwinter Characters: Unite new heroes, Paladin Alric Vallenhas, a once righteous paladin who wishes to redeem himself, and Bard Etrien Sael, a protector of innocents who’s loyal to the Vallenhas family.
- Vallenhas Estate Adventure Zone: Players can explore the fractured lands surrounding the Vallenhas Manor, fight against the evil spawn of the Lower Planes and experience heroic encounters.
- A House in Need Story Instance: Players will experience a unique crafted opening that tells the story of the Vallenhas family and introduces Alric and Etrien.
- The Last Bastion Story Instance: Neverwinter heroes must defeat a powerful devil in this repeatable conclusion to the Infernal Descent questline.
- Infernal Citadel Dungeon: Set in a deadly devil’s citadel that floats above Avernus, this new endgame dungeon provides an epic challenge that will put adventurers’ skills to the test.
Are you ready to descend into hell with Neverwinter: Infernal Descent? Check out the original launch trailer below and be sure to let us know your thoughts.