Excited for the launch of Magic: Legends on PC in 2020 and Xbox One and PS4 in 2021? You’ll want to sit down and buckle up as Perfect World Entertainment have today revealed not just a first look at the gameplay which will be found within, but details on the first two classes you’ll be able to get to grips with.
Magic: Legends will be hitting PC this year, and then Xbox One and PS4 in 2021 when Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios deliver the free-to-play MMO Action RPG to the world. And today it’s time to get a a first look at the gameplay as the time has come for Magic fans and MMO Action RPG lovers alike to become Planeswalkers and save the multiverse from its greatest threat.
With Beta testing kicking off this Spring – PlayMagicLegends.com/Beta – players will explore some of the franchise’s most iconic planes, collect mana-based spells and gather the power needed to overtake their enemies during combat. The first playtest will introduce two new Planeswalkers, the earth-shattering Geomancer and the psychic power-wielding Mind Mage.
Details of each as follows:
- The Geomancer draws upon the power of the Earth to pummel enemies in close quarters with devastating stone and lava attacks. They are capable of absorbing blows that would otherwise incapacitate other Planeswalkers with their rock shield. Geomancers prefer to call upon creatures like goblins, kavu and earth elementals.
- The Mind Mage personifies cool intellect. As a Planeswalker that focuses on psychic powers, they can battle enemies from a safe distance, controlling projectiles with telekinetic powers, and lock down dangerous foes with spells that put them to sleep, or turn them against their allies.
“Our entire team was overwhelmed by the incredible response we received from gamers and Magic: The Gathering fans when we announced Magic: Legends last month,” said Stephen Ricossa, executive producer for Magic: Legends. “Now, we’re excited to reveal a first look at what makes this game truly special. We can’t wait for players to assume the role of a Planeswalker and collect powerful spells to take on some of the most dangerous adversaries in the known multiverse.”
From the developers behind Neverwinter and inspired by Magic: The Gathering , Magic: Legends tells of an ancient force that moves in darkness, posing an ever-growing threat to the entire multiverse. Players will experience the power of becoming a Planeswalker as they discover exciting mana-based spells and strategically build out the perfect hand of balanced attacks to control the chaos of the battlefield. While openly exploring the vast planes from Magic: The Gathering, players will fight alongside iconic characters and legendary creatures made popular by the original card game.
Key features of Magic: Legends include:
- Become a Planeswalker – Players can choose from five diverse classes and switch between different Planeswalkers at any time.
- Walk Your Own Path – Players will need to cross various planes to save the multiverse, but how they weave their path is up to them.
- Control the Chaos – Control the chaos in real-time combat. Choosing what spells go into each hand requires strategy, as they will be drawn at random during attacks.
- Collect and Upgrade – Players will discover a myriad of spells and collect spell fragments to make them more powerful.
- Fight Together – The planes in Magic: Legends can be traversed alone or with up to two other Planeswalkers.
Excited much? Get even more hyped by checking out the first gameplay trailer below. Give it a watch and then let us know how you think Magic: Legends will play out by dropping into the comments.