Forget about fighting and leave the have-a-go-hero attitude at home – Away: Journey to the Unexpected deals with neither of those vibes, instead delivering a feel-good first person adventure in which you’ll make lots of friends.
Combining action, negotiation, roguelite elements, humour and a hugely colourful cast of delightful characters, Away: Journey to the Unexpected will be coming to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in Q1 2019, and today we get a glimpse of the action in a new gameplay trailer.
Coming from indie developer Aurélien Regard and their indie publisher Playdius Away: Journey to the Unexpected is slightly different to the norm, in that is promises to bring a feel-good first person adventure in which you’ll recruit friends to help you head on off on a light-hearted tale.
Rendered beautifully in a distinctive anime-inspired style, in Away, you’re not a fighter or a hero, but you are great at making kick-ass friends! And it is this skill which you’ll need to make the most of as you meet up with many characters – from robotic cowboy bounty hunters to bizarre space oddities – all of whom can be recruited to fight alongside you.
- Colourful and unique visuals created by renowned artist and developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope)
- A refreshing, light-hearted story packed full of adventure and humour
- A first person adventure with fast-paced combat and rogue-lite elements
- A vast cast of quirky characters to meet, convince and recruit to fight for you
- Underpinned by an anime-inspired soundtrack
Check out the latest trailer below and then let us know your thoughts by posting in the comments below.