E3 is a place for reveals and with the show fast wrapping up it has been left to the team at R8 Games to reveal new Pacer details in the form of a brand new trailer for a new track – Sonashahar.
The futurstic 4K multiplatform combat racing Pacer will be delivering the goods to Xbox One ,PS4 and PC players when it releases, but as the PC pre-orders open, the big news surrounds this new track which was revealed during a live stream.
Sonashahar’s circuit is set in beautiful India and showcases Pacer’s stunning visuals, casting light on the track’s jumps, turns, climbs, apexes, and tunnels in what is the latest addition to the game’s 14 strong roster.
And just like all the other tracks in the deep, skill-based racing game’s library, Sonashahar will be playable in both day and night, with the latter really highlighting its neon lights as they glisten in the reflections on track. Further to that there will also be reverse and mirror modes, meaning this track alone offers a total of eight different versions to play, straight off of the starting grid.
“It’s been amazing taking this latest build of Pacer out to Los Angeles for E3 in the run up to release, and today’s stream on Twitch was something of a personal highlight for me,” says Steve Iles, Senior Producer. “E3 is a fitting place both to unleash Sonashahar upon the world, and kick start the pre-order process for those gamers eager to take to the track come launch.”
At launch Pacer will bring 14 different tracks and five customisable craft to the table, building upon R8 Games’ goal of both recapturing and expanding upon the spirit of the anti-gravity racers that made their mark in the 1990s. But it’s not just about the racing and it’ll also feature a stellar soundtrack that will immerse the player in both original and licensed tracks from CoLD SToRAGE, Dub FX and many more.
Pacer features include:
- Skill-based Racing: With the depth of a simulation and the excitement of arcade-style racing, games will get a true test of player skill, reflexes and strategy
- Competitive Multiplayer: Introducing Racing Seasons, dedicated servers and Competitive Ranking complete with VOIP
- In-Depth Handling: Handling parameters such as Turning Acceleration, Airbrake Resistance, Turning Circle, Pitch Speed, Anti-Gravity Float Height and Strength can all be adjusted for player preference
- Unique Storm Mode for single player and multiplayer: Life or death in a contracting field of play – the first ever Battle Royale arcade racer
- Spectator Mode: Follow any pilot with Chase, Nose, Orbit or Environment cameras while displaying all race stats
- Highly customizable: Craft, weapons and cosmetics
- Replay Mode: For capturing and sharing amazing action clips and stills
- Online Tournament/Spectator Mode: For easy streaming and encouraging fun events at all levels
- Campaign: Unlock team skins, as well as more challenging tracks and speed classes
- Designers Republic partnership: Graphic designs that influenced a generation in games and music
- OST and SFX: Created by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE
Make sure you check out that track reveal down below, and if you’re running the PC line, you can head on over to Steam to drop your pre-order cash right now. Doing so will net you a rathe exclusive in-game bonus too.