Dreamfall Chapters, the 3D adventure set in cyberpunk and fantasy parallel worlds has today seen details of its soundtrack revealed, whilst also receiving a revised release date! Want to hear more?
Originally destined to make an Xbox One and PS4 release in March 2017, Koch Media have today confirmed a new release date for the Xbox One and PS4 adventure – that of May 2nd 2017. Taking place across two alternate worlds: one a dark cyberpunk vision of our future, the other a magical fantasy realm, the game follows two unlikely heroes on their journeys across worlds to save the very fabric of reality from falling apart. It promises to bring a mature, emotional, dark, magical and heart-breaking adventure that will take players by surprise.
Alongside this new release date, it has also been confirmed that award winning composer, Simon Poole, will be sorting the audio behind it. Known for various video game soundtracks like The Secret World, Poole is the mastermind behind the 48 tracks which underline the game’s atmosphere perfectly.
“For the Dreamfall Chapters soundtrack I wanted to create an immersive and eclectic score combining both traditional and con-temporary elements. The game’s deep and engrossing story transports us to two rich and vibrant worlds, and contains a multitude of fantastic characters. I wanted the music to reflect the magic and wonder of these two contrasting worlds, whilst reinforcing the emotional journey the main characters embark on“ says Simon Poole.
“The two featured singers are my wife and daughter. My wife is an established singer called Ingvild Hasund, and one of her songs, “Rush”, which also features my mother playing cello, was featured in the original Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, from 2006. As a nod to the fans of the original game, I included the song in this new soundtrack, but in an updated more orchestrated form, “Rush Redux”. My daughter, 6 years old at the time, sings the solo in the track “Prologue”, and I still get a lump in my throat every time I hear it.”
If you want to hear the soundtrack in full, then you’ll find it included in the PS4 version of the game as a downloadable code, whilst us Xbox One owners will be able to grab it as an MPS3 disc. With the worldwide release now set for the 5th of May, your purchase will include the full story, including all five episodes around other bonus features, at both digital and retail for 29,99 € / 24,99 £ / 29,99 $.
Key Features Include:
- GRIPPING STORY: Experience a deep and emotional storyline with over 100 fully voiced characters in EN and DE and continue the epic saga of The Longest Journey
- FAR-REACHING DECISIONS: Shape the story and the course of your journey through your choices and actions, and live with the surprising and sometimes devastating consequences
- EXCITING EXPLORATION: Delve into over 50 beautifully crafted locations, exploring each of them using the direct control interface.
- DIVERSE WORLDS: Explore beautiful, rich, detailed and original worlds that combine a stunning cyberpunk vision of our future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamscape
- THREE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls.
- CHALLENGING PUZZLES & RIDDLES: Solve the completely plot-driven puzzles and riddles which are an integral part of the game’s narrative.
- ENHANCED ON CONSOLES: Enjoy the definitive experience of Dreamfall Chapters on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One with reworked character models, improved animations, lightning, and special effects plus an expanded in-game soundtrack as well as improved sound-effects.
We will of course keep you fully up-to-date with the game and will remind you when that release date is nearing!