Slowly, but very surely, games that would once have been exclusively found on PC are making their way to console. Most of these come in the form of a RTS, with Iron Harvest the latest to make the jump, delivered in Complete Edition form for Xbox Series X|S and PS5.
Having previously been available on PC through the likes of Steam, picking up some rather tasty reviews in the process, Iron Harvest Complete Edition brings the critically acclaimed RTS to console – and it doesn’t just drop the base game and do a runner, this comes complete with previously released DLC for good measure.
Priced at £44.99 from the Xbox Store for Xbox Series X|S (sorry Xbox One folk, this is next-gen only), this edition of Iron Harvest is accompanied by a new update which adds in an additional multiplayer map, new defensive structures, quality of life add-ons and a number of tweaks and twists.
But what exactly is Iron Harvest? Well, it’s a real-time strategy affair that is set in an alternate reality, just after the Great War. It’s here where you get the chance to control a host of dieselpunk mechs, working through single player and cooperative campaigns, as well as owning the multiplayer battlefields as well.
It’s a game that requires patience and skill, but if you have those in abundance we think you’ll find a ton of love for Iron Harvest, especially now that the Complete Edition on Xbox Series X|S and PS5 is available.
In all, the Complete Edition includes:
- • 4 Factions with 4 unique campaigns
- • 12 playable Heroes
- • 18 Multiplayer Maps
- • Over 30 Missions
- • Side-by-side coop
- • The complete PC experience redefined and optimized for consoles
- CLASSIC REAL-TIME STRATEGY AT ITS FINEST – Lead dozens of different unit types into battle, carefully utilize cover and blast entire buildings to shreds. Take your time to come up with a plan which allows for a wide range of tactics, including a stealth approach. Mechs. We got mechs. Lots of them.
- STRONG SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGNS & ENGAGING STORY – Experience an epic overarching story, spanning more than 27 missions over four campaigns.Team-up with a friend and master all campaigns side-by-side in co-op.
- INTENSE COOP & COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER COMBAT – Competitive multiplayer with ladders, ranked matches & leagues. Choose from a vast selection of skirmish maps and challenge maps, available to play in singleplayer and coop.
- AIR UNITS – Take to the sky and conquer the world with the introduction of new airship units for all factions. These early flying machines come in different classes, from the agile sky bike to the colossal battleship of the Usonian hero Admiral Mason, traversing any terrain and sending death from above. The bravest of men become Paratroopers who perform dangerous missions behind enemy lines.
You’ll find Iron Harvest Complete Edition available from the Xbox Store and PlayStation Stores. Give them a visit and pick the game up right now. You should also find it available in physical fashion too.
Stay tuned for our full review of how Iron Harvest Complete Edition plays out on Xbox Series X|S.
The Complete Edition includes the Rusviet Revolution and the Operation Eagle Addon, granting access to all new adventures in the alternative reality of 1920+. Iron Harvest is a real-time strategy game (RTS) set in the alternate reality of 1920+, just after the end of the Great War. The Game lets you control giant dieselpunk mechs, combining epic singleplayer and coop campaigns as well as skirmishes with intense action on the battlefield for multiplayer fans, Iron Harvest is the classic real-time strategy game fans have been waiting for. Tradition clashes with scientific and technological progress, while Europe is still recovering from the brutal battles of the World War. Cities are being rebuilt and in the countryside, the era of the Iron Harvest has begun. Farmers are uncovering the remains of the majestic walking machines that had fought on the battlefields of the Great War. In the midst of this chaos, a new threat appears that will put Europe’s very existence at risk. Secret forces are putting everything they can towards destabilization of entire countries, determined to set the world on fire once again and finally seize control.