Are you looking for an action-adventure platformer that comes with retro 90’s arcade visuals? You’ll be looking for Nightmare Boy then!
Arriving on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come October 25th 2017, Nightmare Boy is the first title to come out of The Vanir Project. It tells the tale of Billy as he turns into the mysterious Rolok and fights to wake up from the very worst dream.
You’ll find yourself placed into a nightmare world which is made up of many fears, and the worst dreams that kids can ever come up with. From there on out you’ll be fighting all kinds of enemies as you gather up special powers and attempt to make your way through to the multiple endings that signify the conclusion of Nightmare Boy.
Complex “Metroidvania” game mechanics, big environments full of secrets, a pixel art style and cartoon visuals may seem to be all that Nightmare Boy has going for it, but it also hides a dark story beneath the surface – one which you’ll be unveiling.
Main Features include:
- Classic mechanics and playability that joins roaming, adventure and platforms.
- Upgradeable character after defeating each final boss: double and triple jump, different magic attacks…
- Graphic engine that mixes pixel art and cartoon characters, hand drawn, giving the game a 90’s arcade feeling.
- Saving system based on collected jewels in the game. The more you save, the more expensive it gets.
- Dark atmosphere, shady storyline; can you discover what lies beneath?
We will of course remind you when the big day comes!