Releasing at the top of 2022 to real critical acclaim – just check out our full review, in which Nobody Saves the World boasts a 4.5/5 score – developers Drinkbox Studios seemed to have struck gold with their action RPG. So much so, it seems, that a DLC is in order, in the form of Nobody Saves the World – Frozen Hearth.
Available today for those who own the base game on Xbox, PlayStation, PC and Switch, Frozen Hearth promises more of the blend of action RPG and puzzler that made the game so lovable back in February. The DLC challenges players with a brand new set of challenges to take on in classic dungeon crawler style, all presented in a brand new locale to explore. At the end of these challenges though, if you can fight through them all, players are rewarded with two brand new forms to adopt in the DLC and base game.
The whole point of Nobody Saves the World is that, in order to take down the many foes thrown your way, you must assume different ‘forms’, making use of their different abilities. Frozen Hearth throws two more into the fray: Mechanic and Bee. What’s more is that different forms can be combined to produce unique creations of your own. Who knows what happens when you combine the new Bee with the Robot from the main game – now that would certainly be a formidable opponent.
Main features of the base game include:
- Transform into MANY FORMS: Unlock 15+ distinct Forms, from Rat to Rogue to Robot, each with its own unique gameplay mechanics.
- Mix & Match ABILITIES: Combine over 80 Form abilities to create powerful customized builds. Play as an Egg that can leave a trail of slime and shoot fireballs!!! We can’t stop you!
- Unconventional QUESTS: Help the strange inhabitants of this world deal with their troubles. Each Form also has its own set of quests, which you can complete in creative ways.
- Local & Online Co-op: Invite a friend to play through all, or part, of your adventure together!
- Awesome Soundtrack: New original music by acclaimed composer Jim Guthrie.
Its the opportunity to experience Frozen Hearth in local or online co-op that will really keep us coming back for more, eager to further the pick and mix approach to abilities to a multiplayer landscape.
So, what are you waiting for? On Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, the Frozen Hearth DLC can be picked up for just £3.29 from the Xbox Store. There is also an opportunity to purchase the base game and this DLC as a bundle for £23.49. And don’t forget, Nobody Saves the World – Frozen Hearth is also available on PS5, PS4, Switch and PC.
In a forgotten region deep underground, warriors compete for riches and glory. Only a master of forms and customization can earn the ultimate rewards for themselves. Do you have what it takes?? Meet new friends and rivals as you compete in The Tempering, a series of puzzles and challenges that will push your skills and creativity to their limit. Unlock the new Mechanic and Killer Bee forms. Use their powerful abilities to earn the ultimate glory and help save the world!