The local cat café isn’t thriving like it used to be, so you’re going to step in and bring it back to its former glory, with a little help from the animals living in the surrounding area. That’s the task at hand in village simulation Calico, which is now available for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Calico is a day-in-the-life style community sim game developed by Peachy Keen Games and published by Whitethorn Digital (We Should Talk). It is where you are given the important role of rebuilding the town’s cat café, and packing it with cute and adorable creatures you’ve enticed in from nearby. Another way to rejuvenate the café is by filling it with a selection of delightful furniture, fun decorations and yummy pastries, which is sure to help get it bustling with animals again. Once they’re in, feel free to play, pet, cuddle, dance, and even just chill out with them till your heart’s content.
- Character Creator — The Calico character creator allows players to create their own magical person to experience the world through. We focused on making options that let you best represent yourself in the Calico world, with a diverse range of skin tones, hair types and body shapes! There are also a myriad of clothing options you can find throughout the game to complete your look!
- All animals are interactive! — The player will encounter many animals in the world of Calico. Once befriended, you can ask them to follow you, let them roam free, or send them to their new home at the café. Animals in your party will follow you everywhere you go and listen to your commands. The animals in your café will relax and play with any customers that pop in for a visit. Along with adding animals to your party, Interact with cats and other animals by petting and playing!
- Café Decoration — Your task in Calico is to bring the town’s café back to life again. This isn’t just achieved by bringing in cats and animals alone, however; you can also decorate your café with furniture of different styles to create the perfect cozy home for you and your animals!
- Cooking Minigame — Create a wonderful café by making yummy baked goods and drinks for the townspeople! Learn about your fellow villagers to pick and choose their favorite foods to sell!
- Magic of Calico — We wanted there to be no limits to how you could find happiness in Calico. Magic potions are a system that allow us to break the rules of what is possible and to find what would be most fun. For example, the More-to-pet Potion allows the player to magically turn a single animal giant-sized! You can hang out with a giant animal, or even ride a giant cat!
Ultimately, the experience is really laid back and essentially serves the purpose of being a creative outlet that will make you feel good inside. If you wish to put a pot of coffee on and provide the local wildlife a safe place to relax, check out Calico on any of the aforementioned platforms. For us that means a trip to the Xbox Store is in order if we’re to begin the cat café rebuild, where it’s priced at £9.99. Don’t forget to share your thoughts on Calico via the comments section below – it sounds purr-fectly charming though, doesn’t it?
Calico is a day-in-the-life community sim game where you are given an important and adorable task: rebuild the town’s cat café and fill it with cute and cuddly creatures! You will journey to a small village filled with magical girls and other fantastical friends, where you are placed in charge of a run down cat café. Build up your café by filling it with cute furniture, fun decorations, yummy pastries, and get it bustling with animals again! Calico is meant to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The gameplay reflects that with a laid back, low stress creative environment to explore and play in.