It’s very nearly Valentine’s Day and so the full reveal of the opening movie sequence for Haven – a game about love and freedom – seems to fit nicely.
Unveiled today by The Game Bakers (they behind Furi) the opening sequence for Haven is that which will greet you everytime you launch the game, and this one promises to hammer home the feel that the game delivers brilliantly.
Working through life as an RPG, in Haven you share the journey of two lovers escaped to a lost planet in a desperate attempt to stay together. You play as Yu and Kay, gliding over the grasslands of a shattered planet, unravelling its mysteries looking for a way to settle down.
The opening was created and directed by Yukio Takatsu – a specialist of anime openings, with the support of Yapiko Animation, with original music by Danger. It certainly conveys in essence what the team is trying to bring to life with the game: a couple of characters who love each other, and with whom they hope you are going to fall in love in turn. An established relationship, that’s still evolving, in movement, gliding and twirling at a fast pace, tied by flow and rust, across different planets.
“Opening movies really set the mood before you start the game. The first time you launch the game, you get a peak at the tone, the values, the characters.” says Emeric Thoa, Creative Director. “Watching them years later, they revive the memory of the whole adventure. Hopefully, we can create that long lasting connection for Haven, with a memorable opening that captures the game magic.”
You can watch the opening sequence below, but the key features of Haven on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam) will include:
- Play two characters at the same time, to explore, fight or in the dialogues!
- Glide over the grass, gather flow and clean the rust as you explore the fragmented planet.
- Fight with the two characters in real time and use tactical sense and timing.
- A romantic space adventure, the saga of two lovers trying to stay together against all odds.
- Play a couple, follow an intimate relationship treated with maturity and humour.
- Immediate to play, accessible, a pause in a busy day.
- A second player can join in or drop out anytime in co-op to share the adventure.
Haven will become available for Xbox One (with Game Pass promises), PC, Nintendo Switch and PS4 later in 2020. Interested? Let us know in the comments.