Rainbow Six Siege just continues to go from strength to strength and today the latest addition to Year 3 of Siege has arrived – Operation Wind Bastion.
The fourth and last season of Year 3 of Rainbow Six Siege is now with all Xbox One, PS4 and PC players to enjoy, delivering new Operators and the brand new Fortress map for the usual fun and games.
Whilst you’ll currently need to be the holder of a Year 3 pass in order to get full access to Nomad and Kaid, the two new Operators who are arriving with the update, anyone else will be able to also get in on the action from 11th December by spending Renown or R6 Credits.
The new Fortress map – and a whole host of other content improvements – are available for free to all though.
Full details of what Operation Wind Bastion brings are as follows:
- Nomad, a Moroccan Attacker, packs quite a punch thanks to her Airjab launcher. Airjabs are sticky, proximity-triggered air blast grenades that allow Nomad to shove Operators back and throw them to the ground.
- Kaid is a Moroccan Defender that serves as a powerful counter to hard breachers. Kaid uses his Rtila electroclaw to electrify all metallic objects in proximity: reinforced walls, barbed wire, deployable shields.
- Fortress Map – players will discover the Moroccan mountains in the new Fortress map, which functions as both a military training facility and Kaid’s home. Inspired by the iconic architecture from the southern region of Morocco, Fortress features solid rotation between floors, an accessible roof, and many dangerous lines of sight and flanking routes.
Further to this, extra Year 3 Season 4 Major Update Implementations are as follows:
- A redesigned in-game shop to improve the user experience. For example, the shop will feature a new full screen view for weapons, a new light theme, and the possibility for players to browse left and right within a category, among many other changes.
- Updated throw curves to make throwable gadgets easier and more comfortable to use. All throwables now use this new curve except for the Nitro Cell, which will be classified in a different category defined as “heavy throw.”
- An optional Area of Effect feature for Kaid and Nomad that is designed to help new players better understand the area of effect when deploying a gadget. This will only be visible for the Operator placing the gadget. This feature can be disabled in the game’s settings.
- Finally, in addition to gameplay and technical fixes, players can expect playlist changes to the Ranked Map pool and Casual Map pool.
Further to this, there is also a new Pro League Team BDU and Headgear to worry about, allowing players to match the BDU and Headgear to deck out a specific Operator from head to toe in support of their favourite Pro League team.
Check out the Operation Wind Bastion trailer down below and then fire up Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege to experience it all for yourself.