Ready to prove yourself as an extreme anti-gravity racing pilot? PACER is coming and today the full September launch on Xbox One, PS4 and PC has been confirmed – alongside that of a rather innovative new Battle Royale inspired mode.
Coming from R8 Games and previously developed under the Formula Fusion name, PACER promises to combine the most hardcore of anti-grav racing with a whole host of combat opportunities, and multiple game modes including that of Storm, a brand new take on the Battle Royale scene.
So, first things first, and the release date of PACER is set at September 17th 2020, with launch on Xbox One, PS4 and PC via Steam occurring. An explosive racer that just so happens to play on the anti-grav scene, PACER will thrust you into the future – 2075, in fact – as you join the PACER World Championship. It is this which sees a host of corporations from around the globe go up against each other in the hope of success, ensuring that only the most daring, most technical and most skilled pilots will become championship winner. And after spending time with PACER at EGX 2019, we’ve got seriously high hopes for how this all plays out.
A variety of single player modes and online opportunities for up to 10 players await those who drop into the world of PACER, along with a good old range of tracks and circuits, options to change and amend craft as you see fit, and an incredible soundtrack pushing the action along.
Features of PACER on Xbox One, PS4 and PC include:
- Highly customizable craft – choose from five craft types, then head to the garage to fully customize your look, performance tuning and weaponry
- Race the world – with 14 unique and challenging tracks with interchangeable variants (Night, Mirrored, Reverse) giving up to 8 different ways to race any given circuit
- Choose your mode – with 8 game modes including Elimination, Endurance and PACER’s unique ‘Flowmentum’ and Battle Royale inspired ‘Storm’ modes.
- Campaign mode – develop from a trainee Pilot and advance through 10 unique race teams to become the PACER world champion.
- OST – featuring original tracks created by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE
- Optimised for Online – with 10 player multiplayer, Online Ranked Mode to see how you compete against the best in the world and Online Tournament/Spectator Mode for easy streaming and fun events at all levels
“PACER is the fastest and most explosive game of its kind and we’re super proud as it prepares for the start line,” said Steve Iles, Senior Producer, PACER. “Whether you’re into single player campaign play or inviting all your friends for multiplayer mayhem, it’s all here. Or if you’re daring and like a challenge, try our thrilling Battle Royale inspired mode, ‘Storm’.”
If you’re up for engaging in some high speed combat racing, then PACER looks set to deliver it. We’ll be sure to remind you when that September 17th release date rolls around. For now though, take in the latest trailer below.