If you occasionally delve into the murky world of PC gaming, then you may well have heard of Marooners. After all, the game has been on Steam for a while now, delivering a fun mix of wild party games. Well, today it has been confirmed that the game will get a free expansion, but the most interesting news for us Xbox gamers is that both the game itself, and the latest expansion, will soon be making their way to console.
Due for arrival on Xbox One and PS4 at some point soon, Marooners being in development for consoles is something party game fans should be interested in. Created by the development team at M2H, Marooners will let you get involved in a whole host of party games, as the action switches between them. If you can handle the switching chaos, then both you, and your local and online friends, will find plenty of laughter opportunities, in between the running, jumping and slapping that is required for overall victory.
- Party Game madness: experience switcheroo chaos as the action jumps between multiple intense minigames when you least expect it, or take the challenge of completing a full play through of each minigame once. Face different game types and surprise bonus stages.
- Pick your Marooner: a host of quirky characters to unlock and play, 70+ hilarious weapons to unlock and use, and if you die… come back as a ghost to haunt your friends.
- Play Party Mode and Arena Mode: 25 different games and arena maps, as you race for treasure in Party Mode or duke it out to see who will be king of the ring in Arena Mode. Whichever mode you pick, expect the unexpected!
- Seamless local and online play: up to 6 players in any combination of local and online as you level up and unlock new weapons, plus full bot support to play solo and in multiplayer mode, spectator mode, streamlined matchmaker and lobby system.
The latest expansion for Marooners adds in AI bots for solo and multiplayer modes, doubles the amount of in-game content, streamlines the lobby and matchmaking systems and a whole load more.
Full expansion details are:
- Double the Content! – The expansion offers a huge amount of extra gameplay, with more than 30 new weapons, 6 new levels for the arena mini-game bringing the total to 12, the new Avalanche of Agony party game, and of course AI bots! These heartless pirate bots can be added to both offline or online games to fill out a server or provide you with competition if your friends are all busy. If the bots prove too much for you, don’t worry – remember that you can keep playing even when killed, and haunt your opponents from beyond the grave! There are also two new bomb pickups, and the option to play all party games one at a time in order without random switching.
- Enhanced Systems – The lobby and matchmaking system have both been refined to make it faster and easier to get into a game, and a new spectator mode lets you join and observe games whenever you like, to learn from salty experienced Marooners or just enjoy the show! The speed of levelling up (and therefore unlocks too) in local play has been increased as the winner will receive all player points, and players can see all their unlocks and interesting statistics in the new progression page! There are even art updates including a revamped treasure map and shiny new image effects.
- Deluxe DLC – Additionally the developers have released a colorful DLC featuring the 9 Song Original Soundtrack by Dave van Luttervelt and five exclusive weapons. You can intimidate your opponents with a laser sword, a samurai sword, a fanboy flag, a balloon and a toilet brush. Get ready for the afterparty!
Once further Xbox One details are released for Marooners, we’ll be sure to bring you them!