There have been a decent number of new additions added to Tropico 6 since it was first released back in 2019, and with 2021 being the 20th anniversary of the franchise, the content just seems to keep flowing. Today though it’s time for a real party to take hold as the Tropico 6 Festival DLC kicks off.
Available right now on Xbox, PlayStation and PC, the Tropico 6 Festival DLC will allow players on all platforms the chance to show themselves as the hottest party planner on the archipelago as they help El Presidente in the hosting of one of the most spectacular shindigs you could imagine.
Following on from seeing the game released for free via Games With Gold earlier in the year, the Festival DLC should therefore appeal to many, what with it having a decent player base right now. And when you consider what it brings, it gets better still.
It’s the Festival DLC that will enhance Tropico 6 with more than 20 festival types, all covering various eras and ideas. It also provides a new scenario driven campaign too as you take on The Boredom – an ancient evil that is threatening to engulf the whole of Tropico with some mind-numbing activities. There are also 8 new buildings included, 4 festival areas, new tunes and edicts plus a couple of additional customisation options – these should let you pick out your favourite party outfits and set the palace decor to match.
All in, expect the following…
- Party it up with the new ‘Festival’ mechanic: host 20+ types of festivals each based off different eras and ensure your soirees are the talk of the town for years to come
- New scenario-driven campaign: take on The Boredom – an ancient evil threatening to engulf Tropico in clouds of mundanity and mind-numbing activities
- 8 new buildings: make use of 4 new festival areas and ensure your parties are well equipped with new buildings like the Balloon Factory and Fireworks Factory
- Add a spring to your citizens’ step with the Dance School and keep your island visitor numbers healthy by adding a Ticket Shop for specific festivals
- 4 new tunes: keep the party going with an assortment of new tracks, each tailored to a different festival
- 3 new edicts: experiment with exciting new features like Funhouser Special, Customer Service and Laundry Festivals
- 2 new customization options: pick your perfect party outfit and set your palace to match
You’ll find the Tropico 6 Festival DLC present on your usual stores, with our favourite being that of the Xbox Store. Spending £12.49 will sort you out. Oh, and of course, you’ll need the base game too, but then, you’ve got that already, yeah…?
Get on your dancing shoes, ‘Festival’ DLC brings the party to Tropico 6! Help El Presidente host a killer party and stave off an ancient entity while he’s at it. Plan, build and use your stunning sense of cunning to take on ‘Boredom’: an evil entity threatening to remove all entertainment from the sun-soaked paradise of Tropico. Choose from four festival areas and +20 variations of party, each bringing their own unique swing to the isles. Knowledge is power and what’s power without cash? Swap in your know-how for financial gain or enjoy an increased birth rate after the party goers have had their fun. Repel the ancient ‘Boredom’ with measures seldom seen by El Prez’ like singing, dancing, and general good cheer. Become the hottest party planner on the archipelago with new buildings like the Dance School or Balloon and Fireworks factory and ensure all eyes are on you with a snazzy new party outfit and theme for the presidential palace. Deal the death blow to ‘Boredom’ with a jukebox full of catchy tunes and party like your life depends on it, because it does!