Looking to take a trip to the Stolen Lands? Ready to immerse yourself in a new tactical adventure? Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition is coming and today Owlcat Games and Deep Silver have fully detailed and dated the launch of the game on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is already available over on Steam in Enhanced Edition form no less, but come August 18th 2020 it’ll be opening up its lands to a whole new type of gamer – the console player. Bringing together the base game with all the DLC currently available, plus a brand new turn-based mode, Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition promises much to Xbox One, PS4 – and also PC – players.
Due in August, the classic RPG will take adventurers off to the Stolen Lands, giving them a chance to check in on everything that Pathfinder: Kingmaker deals in, with not just the standard game in place but a whole host of previously released content packs as well as a brand new turn-based mode. And it won’t just be digital either, with selected retail stores stocking it on their shelves.
“The turn-based mode brings the game even closer to the tabletop experience, providing the players with more precise control over the battlefield. Our point was to have both modes – real-time with pause and the new turn-based mode – in a perfect co-existence so players can smoothly switch between both to adjust the gameplay at any time to their needs. It settles the long-running debate among the fans which mode is better for Kingmaker since they can go from an action-oriented real-time combat style to a more tactical one within a single encounter,” states Oleg Shpilchevskiy, Head of Studio at Owlcat Games
Pathfinder: Kingmaker takes players on a tour through the infamous Stolen Lands, the dangerous and turbulent territories well known within Pathfinder fandom. it is here where this RPG will let you revisit familiar characters and well-known locations of the “series” lore, treating players to brand new adventures, deadly foes, and unforeseen twists and turns. Should you be a fan of the fantasy pen-and-paper RPG, then this is something you will need to experience; an epic, heroic universe in new ways.
Further though, you’ll discover all this coming across with a new contemporary light, in stunning 3D graphics that bring the universe to life. Pathfinder: Kingmaker will challenge players as both adventurers and rulers as they claim explored lands and carve their kingdom from the wilderness. Kingdom founding goes beyond simple stronghold-building to become a true reflection of the hero’s character and choices made throughout the game. Each kingdom is a living thing shaped by alignment, choices, allies, and the hero’s ability to lead his or her people.
The Definitive Edition features all previously released DLCs. That means, you’ll discover access to:
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – The Wildcards – Intrepid explorers of The Stolen Lands can discover a new playable race the Tieflings, harness the power of a newly playable class Kineticists, and booster their party with the companion the Tiefling Kineticist, who brings her own and rich, engaging storyline.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – ’Varnhold’s Lot – Just as you were claiming your first title, another hero of the Stolen Lands became a baron too: Maegar Varn, captain of the Varnling Host mercenary band and rightful ruler of Varnhold. In this DLC, you join Varn as his general, and experience ’Varnhold’s valorous history first-hand. Playing a full new storyline that runs parallel to the main story, players will import the results of this adventure to their main story, facing the consequences of their choices when moving forward with their main party and storyline.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Beneath The Stolen Lands – Beneath The Stolen Lands, valiant adventurers meet with the self-proclaimed protector of Golarion and discover what secrets lie buried beneath the Stolen Lands, in a shifting labyrinth of madness where nothing is what it seems as they defend the lands against one of the most deadly enemies the world has ever seen. Enter the dungeon as your main character. Alternatively, you can wait for an invitation from a mysterious protector of Golarion as you play through the main story. The pre-set version of the dungeon is included in the main campaign, allowing you to use your character and companions to conquer the Tenebrous Depths.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Bloody Mess – The name says it all – adding more blood and gore to the game as an additional option.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Arcane Unleashed – DLC adding more magic and spells to the game.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Royal Ascension – Includes Soundtrack, Digital Artbook, two in-game portraits, board game module, hi-rez map, and a red panda.
Sold and on the hunt for a new classic single player RPG? We’ll be sure to remind you when August 16th 2020 rolls in to view and Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition rocks up on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. In the meantime, check out the trailer and let us know your thoughts.