Rise up, join the mecha force and get ready for battle – Warborn is here and available to purchase on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Available right now to download from the relevant stores, Warborn pays homage to old-school 90’s Japanese animation, as you go about assembling a crack squad of mechs and take to the fight, utilising turn-based tactics as you go.
Priced at £19.99, Warborn comes about via a combination of the publishing team at PQube and the daring development minds of Raredrop Games to ensure modern day gamers across all formats get the opportunity to revel in the madness of a mecha strikeforce.
A full campaign in Warborn will see you right for more than 40 missions, whilst those who prefer to embark on skirmish and multiplayer options are also well catered for. With the opportunity to take command of four leaders, each of whom come with their own style, traits and power, complemented by a range of reinforcements as the time calls, there is most certainly much to love about Warborn. Oh, and to just seal the deal, a full map editor will let you amend the gameplay how you see fit, creating your own skirmish maps for battles against the AI or your friends.
Features of Warborn on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC include:
- RISE UP – Rise up and deploy for battle in the Variable Armour, a technologically advanced suit of war. As the political climate between factions is thrown out of balance and the solar system is engulfed in conflict, lead your strike force of deadly mecha towards victory in turn-based tactical combat.
- COMMAND – Choose from four commanders, each representing a different faction and bringing with them their own unique power, traits and play style. Think tactically as you move your units, clash with rival mecha, and watch the outcome in dramatic battle sequences inspired by 90s Japanese animation.
- DEPLOY – Call in reinforcements from orbit by picking from a range of mass-produced units with differing combat roles. Assemble a force to lead into battle and strike fear into the enemy with imposing second-generation Variable Armours, piloted exclusively by your commander.
- ADVANCE – Push forward and secure your supremacy on a battlefield of hexagonal area tiles. Use a variety of terrain types to take cover or undermine the enemy, and capture structures to gain additional resources or deployment sites.
- BATTLE – Inflict status effects, plant traps, support allies. Each type of Variable Armour is armed with its own specialist equipment and unique skills, allowing you to engage the enemy with a variety of tactical options.
- CAMPAIGN – WARBORN takes place in the Auros System, during a time of war and political uncertainty. While inter-faction disputes erupt, see the war unfold from the eyes of four different commanders across a story-driven campaign featuring over 40 missions.
- SKIRMISH & MULTIPLAYER – Configure your own match parameters and develop new tactics by competing against AI in Skirmish mode, or take the battle online to outwit rival commanders across the world in tense one-on-one matches.
- MAP EDITOR – Feeling creative? Make your own custom maps using the built-in Map Editor. Take your custom maps into Skirmish mode to try against the computer, or play them online with friends.
If you think Warborn is worthy of your time then the usual digital stores will sort you out. We’ll point you to the Xbox Store, but those preferring PS4, Nintendo Switch or PC gaming options should also be covered. If you’re quick, you might even be able to pick up a launch discount.
Rise up and deploy for battle in the Variable Armour, a technologically advanced suit of war. With command over this giant robotic weapon, lead a strike force of deadly mecha towards victory and liberation in Warborn. Featuring turn-based tactics and quick-fire clashes.