If you’ve been holding out for the launch of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire on Xbox One and PS4 then THQ Nordic have got your back, delivering the full release date alongside confirmation details of a rather stunning Ultimate Collector’s Edition – and it looks utterly sweet.
Following Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition from a few years back, coming to Xbox One and PS4 on January 28th 2020, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition will see you becoming utterly immersed in both turn-based and classic real-time action , delivering an adventure that is more than 100 hours in length, and letting you build a party to your very own liking.
See, in Deadfire, the god Eothas has awakened from his sleep, erupting from beneath your castle, killing your people and stealing a piece of your soul. Now only you and your companions can uncover the rogue god’s machinations as he tramples over the Deadfire Archipelago. This will mean you are left to bend the world to your will as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customisation, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn. Featuring an enormous open world, a massive cast of characters, and a story you can play your way. It could be said that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will redefine the role-playing game experience for a new generation.
- Play in either Turn-Based Mode or Classic Real-Time with Pause: Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience – now with both classic real-time with pause and new turn-based combat, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic tabletop gameplay more than ever before.
- A massive adventure: Over 100 hours of gameplay per playthrough.
- Play however you want: Detailed character creator character and over 1000 class permutations gives you the freedom to be whoever you want.
- Gather your party: Build your party and customise your companions to join you on your quest. Assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships, reactions to player choice, and interactions with each other unfold.
- Beast of Winter DLC – Heed the call of Vatnir, a priest of the god of death, to halt the tide of destruction encroaching upon the living.
- The Forgotten Sanctum DLC – Battle your way through the bowels of a vengeful, sleeping god.
- Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC – Triumph or die in the Crucible of Kazuwari, where only the mighty reign.
But alongside the Standard edition of the game for £49.99, THQ Nordic have also dropped details of the Ultimate Collector’s Edition; something that will set you back a cool £119.99. But what do you get for your money? Well, some brilliant gear…
The Ultimate Collector’s Edition will contain:
- Game: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire [including the 5.0 PC patch], and all DLCs: Beast of Winter, The Forgotten Sanctum, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor
- 10″/25cm Od Nua Statue
- Spacepig Keychain
- Metal-optic 3D Sticker
- Premium Box
Tempted? Got the spare change required for you to jump in feet first with a purchase of the Ultimate Collector’s Edition of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire on Xbox One and PS4? Let us know your thoughts regarding Versus Evil’s latest in the comments section below.