Chief of Police, Jack Boyd, had originally rocked up on PC in This is the Police. After gathering more than 1.7 million hours of game time, raking in over 85 billion dollars of corruption money and protecting the mob from thousands of charges, it’s now time for Boyd to make his way over to Xbox One and PS4 – with a full release date now being made known.
So, let’s get down to it, This is the Police will be appearing on Xbox one and PS4 come 22nd March 2017. A strategy/adventure title set in a city spiralling down the drain, you’ll get the chance to take on the role of gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd, diving into a deep story of crime and intrigue.
Will Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he end up broken … or worse? Well, that’s completely up to you but your mission, should you choose to accept it is simple…make $500,000 in 180 days, before Jack Boyd reaches retirement.
- Decisions, decisions! This Is the Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, your choices will influence the game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
- The Good, the Bad, and… the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg’s Police Department deals with all kind of people. It is up to you to find the bad guys, and decide how to deal with them.
- Carry out your duties. As head of Freeburg PD, Jack deals with all sorts of challenges every day: responding to emergencies, managing his officers, defending the department against City Hall and a corrupt mayor, and much more.
- Solve Investigations and gather evidence against the criminal gangs of Freeburg.
- Deal with the competing powers of the city. Everyone offers you favors, and each one comes at a price.
- Rich and fully voiced story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem.
This is the Police is currently available on PC, but come 22nd March 2017, Xbox One and PS4 owners will also be able to get in on the action – either in digital form or via a full retail physical release.