Are you ready to head to the Caribbean and make a fortune? Port Royale 4 is now available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC! With a Nintendo Switch edition launching in the months ahead.
Port Royale 4 has arrived in the Caribbean – 17th Caribbean at that – to allow players on Xbox One, PS4 and PC the opportunity to work their magic with four superpowers all in the hope that a fortune can be made, and world domination can take place.
The colonial powers of England, France, Spain and the Netherlands await your command as Port Royale 4 provides players with more than 12 square kilometres to explore, to trade in, and to control, utilising a variety of tactics and options that are available.
Priced at £49.99, the Standard Edition of Port Royale 4 brings the base game, and that in itself should allow for a plentiful experience as you attempt to take a small settlement into a bustling trading city. Production chains, trading routes and naval battles will all take place here, as no less than four different single player campaigns deliver many an opportunity. With 50 buildings to utilise and 18 historically authentic ships in play, how you go about running your Port Royale 4 experience will be rather unique.
Alongside that Standard Edition though is the Extended Edition. This comes in at £59.99, but includes the base game with a few little extras – namely four lighthouses and five new park systems. Strangely though this content is available as a separate purchase for just £4.19 – the smart money would therefore point to a purchase of the Standard Edition first.
Full game features include:
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles
- Four single player campaigns following each nation on a path to glory
- Appoint a leader from four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes
- Choose from 50 buildings to produce goods such as rum and luxuries
- Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the happiness of your citizens
- Sail 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains
- Unlock licences, building permits, new buildings and ships by growing reputation within your chosen nation
Of course, our full review of Port Royale 4 should be taken in prior to dropping any purchase – and that will be here before you know it.
If you’re sold on a purchase though get over to the digital store of your choice and prepare to embark on a journey into the unknown. Port Royale 4 is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. It’ll be on Switch further down the line.
Set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. In ‘Port Royale 4’ you will take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor who is eager to learn what it takes to manage and grow his small settlement into a bustling trader city. Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of the respective cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfill tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers. For the first time in the series, naval battles will be turn-based, with up to 8 ships battling at one time and tactical captain maneuvers that can turn the tide in even the most hopeless of situations for a glorious victory.