505 Games and Keen Games have today confirmed that their 3D action RPG sandboxer, Portal Knights, will be hitting Xbox One and PS4 this April – all whilst making its way out of Steam Early Access at the same time.
Come 28th April 2017 (3rd May in the US), Portal Knights will hit both Xbox One and PS4, signalling the end of its Early Access Steam program too. The award winning RPG sandbox title will see players adventure on a quest to become the ultimate Portal Knight. With 3D randomly generated sandbox worlds in place, unique environments, creatures to discover and resources to craft, Portal Knights will bring some immersive gameplay elements.
After winning Best Online Game at the 2016 German Developer awards, a whole host of enhancements have also hit home including larger worlds, improved RPG and combat elements, expanded class trees, random events, water, pets, NPC’s, quests, new resources, and trading.
The PORTAL KNIGHTS adventure begins as players create their character from a multitude of customization opportunities that can be continually enhanced with costumes and equipment throughout the game. Once a character is created, players are immersed into the world of fun and fantasy with dozens of randomly generated environments, each one uniquely populated with enemies to vanquish, treasures to discover and resources to mine.
- Travel between randomly generated 3D sandbox worlds – Traverse unique environments, meet unique NPC characters, discover creatures and resources for crafting. Explore caves, lakes and dungeons filled with surprises.
- Tactical action combat – Strike foes and dodge their attacks in fast-paced third-person and first-person battles. Outwit each enemy’s unique AI and choose from an assortment of weapons and spells to defeat them!
- Unique RPG classes to choose from and master – Play as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger and customize appearance, abilities and gear. Unlock powerful talents as you level up and select your attributes!
- Epic boss battles – Face off against the Portal Guardians, the most formidable beasts in the realm, in their twisted arenas.
- Random Events – Adventure in ever changing landscapes. Complete new quests and earn exclusive items in random events across the worlds.
- Gather unique resources from across the worlds to craft an arsenal and supplies – Upgrade crafting stations and expand the recipe list to +100 items, complete with specific crafting trees based on players’ character class.
- Construct a stronghold from dozens of materials and furnishings – Display the hard-earned treasure from players’ journeys. Plant a farm and reap harvest as crops grow in real time.
- Join friends in 4-person cooperative multiplayer or 2 player split screen – Team up with friends to build structures, explore dungeons, defeat monsters, complete quests, trade items and journey on different islands.
As always, we’ll be sure to remind you when Portal Knights arrives, but with both a physical and digital release, chances are you won’t be able to miss it!