For the last few months Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch players have had the chance to fully immerse themselves into the way of the Power Rangers, with Battle for the Grid and the Season 1 content providing ample opportunity for fighting back the villains from the multiverse’s 25 year history. Now though it’s time to focus on Season 2, along with a launch of the game on PC.
Created by nWay in partnership with Hasbro, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Season 2 provides players with three new fan favourite warriors – Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger, Eric Myers, and Dai Shi – a whole new arena in the Space Patrol Delta base, a new Delta Squad Megazord ultra, and a character skin of Tommy Oliver / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers White Ranger.
Debuting on Xbox One and PC today, with access in the Americas for PlayStation 4 on September 25th and Nintendo Switch on September 27th, with European players seeing it arrive during the first week of October. This PC release is a big deal too though, with it including all the features and content that are currently available on the console version of the game on day one. That means PC players will have access to the full story mode, voiceovers from the original cast, multi-platform crossplay and direct matches.
“After the tremendous success of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on console, we are proud to launch the PC version to gamers and Power Rangers fans around the world,” said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and CEO of nWay. “With our crossplay feature, the introduction of PC players to the matchmaking pool, along with players from Nintendo Switch and Xbox, will only add to the excitement of the community enjoying the fierce battles and incredibly fun action of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.”
But aside from the PC launch, the Season 2 content is just as exciting featuring a mix of free and paid downloadable content. Key details include:
● New Characters:
○ Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger – Power Rangers S.P.D. (Available Now | $5.99) Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger is the commander of Space Patrol Delta on Earth. Also known as the Shadow Ranger, he is a master swordsman who is able to use a variety of blade attacks from short and long range.
○ Eric Myers – Power Rangers Time Force (Available in October | $5.99). Eric Myers worked for the Silver Guardians as a simple soldier but eventually claimed the Quantum Ranger powers for himself and was able to travel back in time and claim the power of the Q-Rex Zord. Quantum Ranger is a long-range fighter that utilizes blaster shots and teleports to harass opponents from a distance. His offense greatly increases when his Quantum Defender is switched to blade mode.
○ Dai Shi – Power Rangers Jungle Fury (Available in November | $5.99). The evil spirit of an ancient eight-headed dragon, Dai Shi was imprisoned long ago until his seal was broken. Dai-Shi is a highly agile melee fighter that boasts unique movement options and attack angles unavailable to the rest of the cast. He is an effective fighter grounded or airborne.
● New Character Skin: Tommy Oliver / Mighty Morphin White Ranger (Available in October | $1.99). Play as the first White Ranger with Saba on his side.
● New Arena: Space Patrol Delta Base (Available Now | Free). Battle on the training grounds of the command post for S.P.D. Academy.
● New Ultra: Delta Squad Megazord (Available Now | Free). S.P.D. Emergency! Call up the power of the Delta Squad Megazord to assist your team in battle.
● New Banners (Available Now | Free). Unlock new banners featuring art from the new characters and Story Mode.
Season 2 Pass becomes available today for £12.49/$14.99 on all platforms including PC, and this will include all of Season 2’s paid content. Players will be able to access Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger immediately, with Eric Myers and the Mighty Morphin White Ranger skin coming in October, and Dai Shi in November. “Doggie” can also be picked up for £4.99.
Will you be getting involved in the Season 2 Pass goodness? Let us know down below.