It’s been a couple of years since Kalypso started pushing the real-time strategic classics into the modern era, with the remaster of Commandos 2 & Praetorians in HD. Now it’s the turn of Commandos 3.
Landing right now on digital stores near you, Commandos 3 – HD Remaster brings the classic third instalment of the franchise kicking and screaming into the here and now with a full HD Remaster, revamping and twisting things like never before.
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster is playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, along with PC, whilst the brilliance of Game Pass ensures that no matter what your system of choice, you’ll be able to play it without the need to open the wallet even more. Yep, Commandos 3 – HD Remaster is on both Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.
But what do you get should you fall in line? Well, Commandos 3 – HD Remaster sends you deep behind enemy lines as you get the chance to take a special forces unit into battle. There are some of the most infamous WWII campaigns in place here, letting you experience the frontline.
With the HD tag and remaster work in place, expect to find reworked 3D models and textures, an improvement to the control scheme and a UI that has been reconsidered. You’ll find that this means that Commandos 3 – HD Remaster looks better than ever, helping you live in the trenches of Stalingrad and try to survive the storming of Normandy on D-Day.
The key features include:
- Remastered in high definition: includes reworked 3D models and textures built from the ground up, improved controls, refined UI and beginner-friendly tutorials and hints
- Lead 6 daredevil commandos: the special units under your command, from the Green Beret, Sapper, Sniper, Diver, Spy and Thief, are experts in their field and crucial to the success of your mission
- Relive iconic WWII campaigns: from training camp to 12 daring missions, experience history across 3 major frontlines including Stalingrad, Central Europe and Normandy
- Story and action-driven missions: follow a crack team of commandos in a time of great peril, Commandos 3 HD – Remaster includes even more detail and action than its predecessors
- Rally your troops for multiplayer: compete in ‘Deathmatch’ or ‘Collect the Flag’ modes for 2-8 players, all with distinct victory conditions
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster is available on Xbox and PC with a £16.99 price tag in place for those frequenting the Xbox Store. Obviously there’s that Game Pass pick up should you prefer that.
There’s also a double pack in place too so if you didn’t previously grab Commandos 2, you’ll find the Commandos 2 & 3 – HD Remaster Double Pack available for £34.99.
Stick around for our full review as it prepares to drop but in the meantime let us know what you think of the arrival of Commandos 3 – HD Remaster.
Fall in, soldier! Commandos 3 – HD Remaster sends you to the relentless and unforgiving battlefields of Europe. Fight your way through the deadly trenches of Stalingrad, defeat the German enemy in the fanatical heart of the Third Reich in Berlin, and use your tactical know-how to survive the storming of Normandy on D-Day. In this revamped third instalment of the acclaimed real-time tactics series, lead a notorious special forces unit deep behind enemy lines during World War II. Help the Allies to victory in high definition, with improved controls and user interface.