If you’re looking for a revolutionary arcade racer which promises to allow you to scratch that cooperative itch, then Trailblazers promises to be it. Today we get the gift of a release date!
So, coming to Xbox One on May 9th 2018, with a PS4 and PC release arriving the day before (8th May), Trailblazers will bring you a dazzling visual quality, thrilling tracks and the most blistering of high speed action as the innovative ‘track painting’ mechanic sees boost lanes created for each racer.
But it won’t just be about the solo glories and Trailblazers will have you racing in teams of up to three competitors, as they attempt to cover the key areas of each circuit in order to take over the track and gain an advantage over the competition. Drive with flair, and bring a ton of style to proceedings and you’ll find skill points blazing your way in order for you to claim victory.
Gameplay features include:
- Campaign Mode: Multiplayer thrills and single-player challenges
- A Musical Feast: Enjoy the retro-futuristic soundtrack that fits perfectly with the visual aesthetic of the game, aural soundscapes from the officially licensed soundtrack featuring artists like; Skope, Derevolutions, A.Skillz and more.
- Award Winning Artist: Gorgeous Trailblazers artwork designed by BAFTA award-winning artist Will Milton.
- Scenic Tracks: In the race for glory, players will scorch their way through mountain ranges, lush forests and arid desert valleys in Trailblazers.
- Diverse Characters: Each driver plays a vital role in the racing community and together they unfold the story of the Trailblazers world, each having a specific role and style of driving.
- Futuristic Fleet: Players can choose from a showroom of the fastest race cars in the galaxy, each with customized stats to fit every play style and track type.
- Multiplayer Mayhem: Players can experience the blistering high-speed action with up to six players online, or locally via split-screen for up to four local players with additional online or CPU-controlled challengers.
- Cross-platform play: Team-up or face-off across the platform divide!
Created by the team at Supergonk, with the digital publishing side of things being handled by Rising Star Games, Trailblazers will be available on May 8th for the PS4 and PC, with it arriving come May 9th across the Xbox One family of devices. You’ll also find that Nintendo Switch players get access to Trailblazers in June 2018.
Will you be keeping your engines fuelled up and ready to go?