May 31st 2016. Stick that date in your diaries and ensure your passport is up to date. You’re going on a trip of a lifetime.
Techland and Deep Silver have today announced a couple of remastered Definitive Editions covering the Dead Island franchise. Indeed, Dead Island and its undead successor Dead Island: Riptide (including all previously released DLC) have been completely remastered for the first time, arriving on Xbox One, PS4 and PC at the end of May. It promises to be one hell of a vacation.
Completely overhauled and now utilising Techland’s latest and greatest engine, you’ll experience Dead Island and Riptide with added visual and performance upgrades. In fact, the following has all been implemented.
- Higher Quality Textures – Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system – The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look, enhancing the stunning tropical setting
- Physically based shading – The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing – The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly “jaggies“ – meaning a much cleaner look throughout
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets – All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects – The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI – Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
- The Current-gen Console Experience – The Dead Island Redux Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power-up – And last but not least, The fan favourite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever!
If that’s not enough for you to get your teeth into, then the addition of a brand new side-scrolling/endless runner action game Dead Island Retro Revenge looks to seal the deal.
Features at a glance:
- Retro look meets melee-based combat
- Featuring leaderboards, achievements and plenty of depth
- Game mechanics include power-ups, super attacks and a combo system
Dead Island Definitive Collection will contain Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and also the free Dead Island Retro Revenge!. It will be available at retail and digital for a suggested price of $39.99/€39.99/£29.99.
Available at the same time, Dead Island Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition will each be available separately as digital downloads on Xbox One, PS4 and PC for $19.99/€19.99/£14.99.