If you’re looking to flex your muscles, participate in fast paced mech brawls and give the team at Modus the chance to ensure Override: Mech City Brawl is balanced correctly, then you may well want to check out the upcoming closed beta for the game.
Running between August 10th-12th 2018, the closed beta for Override: Mech City Brawl will give you the chance to control gigantic robots and flatten cities, all as you attempt to find your own unique play style and utilise numerous special moves. Oh, and lay the smackdown on your opponents, of course!
With Override taking you around the globe to the likes of Tokyo, Egypt, San Fran, Mexico and more – and each arena lovingly modelled on the real-world locale – challenging others in the fight, and customising Mechs in the garage may never have been so appealing.
Override isn’t due to hit Xbox One, PS4 and PC until December 4th 2018, but that should mean there is plenty of time in order to ensure it is the very best it can be… and that is where this closed beta comes in.
Throwing us into a range of towering characters, including a fish-luchador hybrid bot named Pescado and an enormous lizard mech called MetaGeckon, not all of the features included in the game will be present in the beta, but as the video highlights show below, there is still plenty for players to get excited about.
The full game meanwhile will feature the following:
- Explosive Battles. Take control of a gigantic mech and lay waste to entire cities as you fight other massive opponents.
- Supercharged Mechs. Pilot 12 outrageous mechs of epic, skyscraper-sized proportions, each with diverse fighting styles and unique skills.
- Real-World Locations. Destroy 3D arenas modeled after actual cities and countries, including Tokyo, Egypt, San Francisco, and Mexico.
- Multiple Game Modes. Challenge other players in local and online Versus & Co-Op modes and experience Override’s story in a single-player campaign.
- Party Co-op. Gather 2 to 4 friends to engage in party co-op where each player is responsible for one part of a towering mech!
- The Garage. Customise your mechs in the Garage, changing their accessories and skins to create your own unique style.
Override: Mech City Brawl is available for pre-order right now with a standard edition (£24.99) and Super Charged Mega Edition (£29.99) both available. The latter includes the Season Pass, delivering 4 extra mechs and 16 new skins post-launch, as well as instant access to 12 legendary skins normally unlocked in the Standard Edition.
Should you wish to give the beta a little look in the meantime, then shoot over to Overridegame.com and get signed up.