If you’re still in love with your last generation console and were looking forward to some Pro Clubs action in FIFA 15 then there’s some bad news….It’s been dropped!
Limitations of the older consoles have forced EA into removing certaining features from FIFA 15 and the most notable of those is the amazingly good Pro Clubs.
A statement from EA reads as follows:
Fresh off gamescom, there is no question that fans are embracing the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as the future of gaming. The new consoles give us the power and capability to deliver new gameplay innovations and new live services – and we are happy to be leading the way on FIFA 15. Since E3 in June, we have been bringing you news about everything coming to FIFA 15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
While the new consoles may be the future of gaming, there are still millions of FIFA players on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and our commitment for this year was to create FIFA 15 for these consoles with tons of innovation and great new services. It delivers a FIFA experience that builds on the authenticity, real world connection, and amazing gameplay that the franchise is known for.
We’re very confident in the amount of innovation and depth we’re delivering for FIFA 15 on PS3 and Xbox 360 but there are some things we couldn’t do for FIFA 15 on PS3 and Xbox 360, either based on the limitations of these consoles, or our time and resources. Most notably, Pro Clubs will not be a mode in FIFA 15 on Xbox 360 and PS3.
While some things have to move solely to the newer consoles, the EA SPORTS FIFA team bringing you a great football experience on PS3 and Xbox 360 have focused on gameplay innovation, Team Management, Career Mode, FIFA Ultimate Team, and authentic leagues, teams, and kits that mirror the game on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
So, Clubs is gone but at least the super addictive Ultimate Team is still in there.
The full list of modes available in the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of FIFA 15 are as follows:
- FIFA Ultimate Team – Loan Players, Concept Squads, Friendly Seasons andLegends (Xbox One and Xbox 360 only). See what’s new in FIFA Ultimate Team
- Career Mode – managing your squad and finding players even more authentic.
- EA SPORTS Football Club – share news and interact with your friends, and shop for unlockable items using the new EA SPORTS FC contextual widget.
- Tournament Mode – returns to FIFA 15 with all new tournaments.
- Online Seasons – compete online in a season format. Now with the Guest Play option to compete with friends on your team.
- Online Friendlies – compete online against your friends.
- Co-Op Seasons – compete online with a friend in 2v2 matches.
- Skill Games – new Skill Games added to the popular practice mode including four new games that cover the basics – dribbling, shooting, passing, defending.
- Kick Off – jump straight in to play head-to-head offline against a friend or the AI.
- Learn-to-Play (FIFA Basics)
- Practice Arena – practice 1v1 situations against the keeper.
It could well be time for a console upgrade!