Virtual anglers already have a host of options available to them. There’s the likes of Ultimate Fishing Simulator, the brilliant offerings from Dovetail Games in the form of both Fishing Sim World and Euro Fishing, and there’s even the chance to head to the Barents Sea for a catch or two. Today though those numerous fishing options expand with the arrival of Fishing: North Atlantic on Xbox – are you ready to take a voyage into the unknown?
Fishing: North Atlantic could well be seen as a secondary adventure to the previously released Fishing: Barents Sea, for both games come about thanks to the Misc Games team.
Priced at £24.99, this latest catch ’em up does as the name suggests, whisking us off to the North Atlantic ocean in hope of finding a little catch or two. In fact, we want more than that as this is a commercial fisher at heart and it’s your job to progress your fisherman career enough to allow for the purchasing of new boats and gear.
Much like in Barents Sea, North Atlantic allows for some great fishing chances. A range of fishing methods are present, taking us through a bit of trawling, net fishing, deepline drops and even harpooning – much like in Freediving Hunter: Spearfishing the World, we would suspect. There are a ton of fish types to land too, with tuna, lobster, cod, redfish and more all happily swimming the ocean waves, ready to jump into your boat at a moments notice.
Once you get those fish, it’ll be a case of heading back to port to sell them at the best price possible, running with that cash to the nearest boat dealer and expanding your fleet. With a huge 200x300km map to traverse, realistic ports and a ton of official licenses in place, on paper we’d pretty damn impressions by what Fishing North Atlantic is able to deliver.
Those key features in numbers include:
- Fishing methods – Harpooning, Deepline, Lobster, Crabbing, Longline, Net, Trawling
- Fish species – Swordfish, Tuna, Lobster, Snow Crab, Cod, Haddock, Pollack, Redfish, Mackerel, Silver Hake
- Advanced watershader and weather system, with realistic weather data from the area
- Dynamic fish prices – Other fishingboats will also fish and deliver fish at the ports, which affects the prices
- Dynamic fish habitats – Fish will swim around the map through the yearly seasons
- 27 real handcrafted boats available from fishing industry licensepartners
- Huge map over Nova Scotia, Canada (200x300km) with six realistic ports
- Fishing industry license partners – A.F. Theriaul & Son, Skipasyn, Scanmar, Hermes, Selfa and Moen Marin
Throw in a huge variety in weather conditions and a career that beckons you forth at every moment, and there’s a chance to Fishing: North Atlantic may even have what it takes to find a place in our list of best fishing games available on Xbox. Stay tuned as we spend some time with Fishing: North Atlantic for review terms.
If you’re looking to sail the open seas and reckon the choppy waves of the North Atlantic are your calling, get over to the Xbox Store right now and take home a download on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S. You’ll find the fishing opportunities are ripe on PS4 too.
Commercial fishing in North Atlantic! Discover majestic world of Canadian Nova Scotia while admiring the vast diversity of ocean life. Search for the ocean gold with upgradable fishing boats and various fishing gear as you progress in your fisherman career.