You may not think that you can have a frog friend who doubles up as a gun. But you’ve not played Frogun.
Available to purchase and download today on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, Frogun is an utterly charming 3D platformer that is looking to bring the nostalgic hit to modern gamers. Loved these types of games back in the PS1 and N64 days? Sorted.
It has you following the life and times of a young adventurer – Renata; a young girl who has a little froggy friend. That frog is also a gun. What d’ya mean that’s weird?
Well yeah, Frogun is a bit weird, but it’s certainly very highly anticipated, mostly due to that frog-gun premise. But we think it looks fun too, full of colour, full of mystery, full of challenge and more – this is a platforming adventure that could well leap into the minds of many.
Priced up at £12.49, it seems like there is a host of content included in Frogun too as time trials open up, grabbing the speedrunners out there, whilst plenty of customisation is also in place. Our full review of Frogun on Xbox Series X|S goes deeper into what is good, and what is not quite so good. Give it a read.
In all, expect the following features….
- Explore colorful levels full of crispy pixelated ruins, freezing snow caps, and scorching lava swamps in a modern representation of the classic 90s 3D platformer aesthetic
- From levers to buttons, lethal traps, and adorable enemies, there are countless ways to use your Frogun to navigate the world
- Race across levels against Renata’s rival and take on the challenge of huge bosses
- Find secret areas and shortcuts by mastering the grappling mechanics
- Collect emblems by fulfilling level challenges
- Visit the hatter to trade your coins for hats, bestiary entries, behind-the-scenes looks at concept art, and more
- Unlock 2-player duel arenas to challenge your friends
- Over 30 achievements available on all platforms, with an in-game medal viewer for Switch
- A posable photo mode to show off your creativity!
The Xbox Store will provide you with the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S download you need. The fact that Smart Delivery and full next-gen optimisation is in tow helps the sale too. You’ll also find Frogun on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Join Renata as she adventures across a world of mystical ruins with the titular FROGUN! Frogun is an old-school platformer with the soul of the PS1/N64 era, in which your frog-shaped grappling hook is a your best friend! Renata’s parents are world-renown explorers, archeologists and inventors that travel all over the world uncovering the secrets of the past, bringing her with them in their expeditions. However, in their latest adventure, they decide to leave her at the base camp – the Beelzebub ruins are said to be too dangerous! For three whole days she waits, her pride hurt and bored out of her mind, until she realized: if they haven’t returned yet, something must have happened to them! In a hurry she grabs her parents’ last invention, the Frogun, and heads to the ruins to rescue them, and prove that she’s as capable as them!