Did you enjoy putting words in the mouths of actors with 2021’s What the Dub?!? Get ready to do it all over again with RiffTrax: The Game, as you bring your inner comedic genius to life.
Available today on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam), RiffTrax: The Game comes from the same team who were behind What the Dub?! – Wide Right Interactive – as they deliver a new multiplayer focused party game to the masses.
This one takes those bad movies from years gone by, rips out the audio and chucks in a ton of humour, jokes and comedic power in its place. And whilst this probably won’t be a game you are looking to play alone, the incusion of local and online multiplayer as well as the ability to play with any internet connected device as a controller, should mean this is an easy sell.
There are more thsn 250 clips included in all, plus more than 2000 riffs to be worked with – or of course you could make up your own, proving yourself as the joker in the pack.
The key game features include:
- ● Over 250 movie clips from RiffTrax classics such as “Rollergator”, “Attack Of The Supermonsters”, and “Plan 9 From Outer Space”!
- ● Featuring two exciting ways to play! Write your own riff and watch your comedy genius come to life via text-to-speech. Or leave it to the pros and choose from over 2,000 expertly crafted riffs from the RiffTrax team.
- ● Play head-to-head with up to 6 players using any internet connected device as controller. An additional 12 audience members can also play along.
- ● Bring the party to your friends with support for remote games, cross play, and voice chat.
- ● Streamers, get your entire chat in on the action with Twitch chat voting. Additional moderation, privacy, and content tools ensure your stream remains problem-free.
RiffTrax: The Game is available from the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, the PlayStation Store for PS4 and PS5, the Nintendo eShop for those on Switch and via Steam for the PC/Mac brigade. £8.39 feels a steal.
Keep an eye out for our upcoming review.
RiffTrax: The Game is a multiplayer party game where players compete to make bad movies funny. Grab your friends and make fun of some of the worst cinematic abominations ever created. RiffTrax has been bringing their comedic commentary to movies for over 15 years – now’s your chance to riff along with them! Do you have what it takes to be the next movie riffing genius?