It seems like the Lozange Lab team are looking to make a name for themselves by providing super stylish puzzling action. It also seems as if they are succeeding too as after previously releasing the cool Swim Out to console, we find the 1950’s styled tower defense action of Rip Them Off launching on Xbox and Nintendo Switch.
Available right now to purchase and download (Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, with Nintendo Switch on March 25th), Rip Them Off takes particular puzzle elements and mashing them up with some terrific tower defense properties, all before throwing in uber cool jazz undertones and a dose of satirical humour.
Running a price of £7.49, Rip Them Off stands out from the word go, mostly thanks to the brilliant artstyle that Lozange Labs have decided to utilise. Rich colours and a vibrant scene are just the start of matters though as the minimalistic workings pop from the screen.
You see, fall in to this puzzler and you’ll be greeter by a world like no other – a world that focuses on the economic management of high streets filled with shops (remember those times, history fans!). It’ll be up to you to choose your store type, pick your locations and hope and pray that you can draw in enough customers to allow for big profits.
With many tough challenges on the table, and the chance to face off against your mates via leaderboard features, if you’re looking for something a little different to the norm – both in gameplay and visual style – then Rip Them Off should be at the top of your wishlist.
- An innovative new type of game: Combining puzzle mechanics with tower defense games, Rip Them Off is a new breed of challenge, easy to pick up but hard to master.
- Gorgeous design: Evoke your inner Mad Man with 1950s inspired music and graphics.
- Addictive gameplay: Each new city provides an increasingly devilish challenge. Can you make it all the way to the biggest metropoles?
- Challenge your friends: Who’s the best rip off merchant? Compete against your friends and/or rivals with the leaderboard feature to find out who comes out on top.
- Map of the Moment: Hone your capitalistic edge post-launch with Map of the Moment, showcasing revamped versions of your favourite maps with fun modifiers to keep you on your toes.
- Go fast or slow: Control the flow of time to make sure your strategies unfold with perfection.
Our full review of Rip Them Off on Xbox Series X|S will be coming your way soon. Before that time though grab a copy of the game on either Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S or Nintendo Switch – the usual digital stores will sort you out.
Rip Them Off is a minimalistic new puzzle game of economic management and tower defense. The Board needs its profit, and it’s up to you to line the streets with shops the masses can’t resist. Choose your locations, pick your stores and earn enough to advance up the corporate ladder with its increasingly difficult challenges!