Vector Unit have today announced that their latest Riptide title, that of Renegade, will be dropping on Xbox One and PS4.
Coming to both consoles at some point in Q2 2016, Riptide GP: Renegade will first release on Xbox One and PS4, with versions on Win10, Android, iOS and Amazon following shortly after. Renagade will see players take to numerous rocket powered watercraft, racing through futuristic environments, pulling off crazy stunts and boosting their way to the win.
It’ll come with a full single player career mode and the option to play online or in split screen local multiplayer.
Full features include:
- Next Gen Water Racing – Vector Unit’s first game since Hydro Thunder Hurricane to be designed for modern consoles, Riptide GP: Renegade sets the bar for dynamic water racing, with breathtaking dynamic water physics, splash-tastic spray effects, and more!
- Thrill-Ride Environments– Evade police boats and drones while you blast through vast interactive race environments packed with interactive elements, secret shortcuts, and animated obstacles.
- Deep Career Mode – Battle your way through a variety of race types and boss fights to reach the top of the underground hydro jet racing circuit. Earn XP and cash to upgrade and customize your hydro jet, unlock new stunts, and increase your rider’s performance.
- Online and Split Screen Multiplayer – Compete online against the best players around the world – or against your pals in split screen local multiplayer matches (with a mix of human and AI racers).
- Futuristic Customizable Vehicles. Collect and upgrade a garage full of blistering fast hydro jets that transform while you ride them. Win money to upgrade and customize each one.
- 1080p / 60fps –Silky smooth, blisteringly fast racing action – even in split screen
“We’ve been hard at work getting Riptide GP: Renegade ready for series fans and new players alike,” said Matt Small, Creative Director and Co-Founder of Vector Unit. “This version has been developed from the ground up for next-gen consoles. We kept what worked, but completely retuned the mechanics and the graphics engine, and we can’t wait for players to get their hands on the game.”
We found Vector Unit’s previous Xbox One title, Riptide GP2 to be rather decent so hope this one will continue in that vein. Before we find that out though, check out the announcement trailer below.