Psyonix aren’t shy when it comes to dropping new content to the Rocket League masses and this September things are going to go a little bit nuts as the new Rumble mode arrives.
An all-new chaotic game mode dubbed Rocket League Rumble will arrive around the world from September. Revealed today at the finale of the Rocket League Championship Series in Hollywood, Rumble is a new free mode that lets you play in an epic battle royale stacked with randomized power-ups. Whether you’re equipped with the Haymaker (which punches the ball), the Swapper (that changes your place with an opponent’s), or the Tornado (which you’ll just have to see to believe), each one of the 11 new power-ups brings an extra dimension to the classic Rocket League formula.
As was the case with both the Hoops and Mutator modes that came before it, Rumble will be available in online battles from September, being available in both Private and Exhibition matches.
The power-ups which threaten to shake up your Rocket League experience are as follows:
- The Boot (Kick’s an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
We will of course keep you fully up-to-date with any other Rocket League news as and when we have it.