Apparently you are what you eat. And in Bite the Bullet, that could be any number of things.
Sold as the world’s first Run & Gun & Eat experience, Bite the Bullet launches on Xbox One a day after seeing release on PC and Nintendo Switch, to allow all gamers the chance to gun down foes, run around arenas, and eat whatever the hell they like. Yep, anything and everything is on the menu here.
Available as a digital download from the Xbox Store for Xbox One, running with a price tag of £12.49, Bite the Bullet will see you playing things out as either Chewie or Chewella, two hungry soldiers who are more than happy to chow down on whatever they can get their hands on.
Working through various character classes, each of which have their own unique abilities, in Bite the Bullet you’ll be found shooting and eating, maximising your build as you progress. With both solo and local cooperative options in play, and roguelite elements powering the whole experience along, Bite the Bullet most definitely looks set to deliver a fresh new take on the usual run, gun, platform genre.
“In Bite the Bullet how much and what you eat controls everything from your waistline to branching skill trees and weapon crafting,” says Nick Mann, Game Designer at Mega Cat Studios. “Shoot fast, eat big, and workout your abdominal muscles to satisfy your appetite for destruction.”
- Devour enemies to powerup Chewy/Chewella, weapons, and abilities.
- Chow down on everything – enemies, walls, even bullets.
- Play solo or with a friend in local co-op.
- Four character classes (Carnivore, Herbivore, Omnivore, and Robovore – which means eating metal) that have their own unique abilities and perks.
- Gorge on 50 levels.
- Character customizations with a deep, branching skill tree.
- Loot powerful weapons with fun modifiers such as Spicy Critter Cannons.
- Craft exotic new weapons by wolfing down special types of characters and enemies.
- Eat enemies to energize skills and special attacks.
- Use a highly advanced shield for protection from oncoming fire or knock enemies away.
- Earn action hero bandanas by fully completing each world.
- Chew carefully – every enemy has its own nutritional information, and a body type will change based on the types of enemies consumed.
- Transform into the powerful Zombro form and smash enemies into bite-sized bits.
Our full review of Bite the Bullet on Xbox One is available for your reading pleasure right now, and we highly advise you check it out. If you’re sold on the premise though, and can’t wait to get eating then the Xbox Store will deliver the usual download.
Even more info can be found in the launch trailer delivered via the teams at Graffiti Games and Mega Cat Studios too.
Bite The Bullet is the world’s first Run & Gun & Eat. In this roguelite RPG shooter you must eat enemies, bullets and more to powerup your character, weapons, and abilities. Gun down zombies, robots and giant mutant bosses with a barrage of bullets before chowing down on their corpses to craft new weapons, unlock new abilities and special attacks, and transform into a powerful Zombro form to smash foes. Explore four character classes and a skill tree based on your diet – and remember, you are what you eat! You Are What You Eat How you play is driven by how you choose to eat. The carnivorous Gorivore or vegan Slaughterer of the Soil that have their own unique abilities and perks, changing how you defeat enemies and navigate levels. Customize your character with every choice and every bite. Maximize your build for your playstyle, run the world again with a different diet for a new challenge, and team up with a friend in co-op to ramp up the bullets and the calories.