There’s probably a pretty high chance that you’ve played Rune Factory 4 previously, what with it having been around on the 3DS and Switch for many a year. Now though that same game comes to Xbox, PlayStation and PC, all in Rune Factory 4 Special form.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC, Rune Factory 4 Special looks to live out its finest life yet, coming to the most powerful consoles in the world with new shiny visuals and enhanced performance in tow.
It’s priced at £24.99 from the Xbox Store (expect to pay roughly that on other storefronts) and will see you being given the chance to enjoy the critically acclaimed farming, life sim and RPG adventures on a whole new format.
With ‘Another Episode’ included here to the usual base game, and full English and Japanese voice support in place, whether you have played Rune Factory 4 previously or not should matter little – this Special option is certainly one to appeal.
We’re not sure we need to sit here and explain all the ins and outs of how this one works – there’s a big chance you’ll know already if you’re reading this piece – but we do fully advise you to check out our review of Rune Factory 4 Special and how it plays on Xbox Series X|S. We don’t like to spoil things, but a big 5/5 in review means this is more than worth taking in.
If you do decide that a purchase is for you, then you’ll discover all the following key features in hand…
- A World of Possibility – Grow crops, raise monsters, catch fish, cook up tasty dishes, and craft powerful equipment. Live your life however you choose!
- Adventure Awaits – Venture outside the town gates to explore dangerous dungeons. Use swords, spears, staves, and other weapons and magic to personalize your battle tactics as formidable monsters await in trap-laden dungeons. Invite the townsfolk, develop friendships with monsters, and grow stronger together.
- Expand Your Social Circle – Become friends (or more than friends) with a charming and interactive cast of characters, and breathe life into the town with seasonal festivals and competitions.
- Live Happily Ever After – Play through a special story alongside your spouse in Newlywed Mode and fall in love with your favorites all over again! The 13 fully-voiced “Another Episode” bonus stories narrated by the marriage candidates (and Ventuswill) are also included.
- More Content than Ever – If you’re a Rune Factory 4 fanatic, challenge yourself with a new difficulty mode, then relax and enjoy new in-game cutscenes and an updated opening sequence.
So, ready to embark on another hundred or so hour adventure with Rune Factory 4 Special? Head on over to the Xbox Store to pick up the game on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S. It’s on PC through the Windows Store and PlayStation too.
Welcome to Selphia, a region ruled by the Native Dragon Ventuswill…and you! After falling from the sky and landing on the back of a friendly dragon, the young hero or heroine is invited to live in the local castle and, as a newly designated ruler, begins their life anew while developing the town, exploring nearby dungeons, and cultivating the soil. Start an exciting new life and embark on a grand adventure in this beloved entry in the Rune Factory series!