Having released in episodic form on PC through the Epic Games Store back in 2020, 3 out of 10 has now arrived on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, giving players a chance to understand exactly what life at a game development studio is like. Albeit, a terrible game development studio.
3 out of 10: Season One comes via the team at Terrible Posture Games, with the entire first season launching on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S in one go, not just giving console players the opportunity to play through what released previously on PC, but also to take in a host of special new features in the process.
Priced at £8.39, 3 out of 10 focuses on one of the world’s worst video game studios as they attempt to make a game, any game, but ideally a game that can grab critical acclaim and a score higher than the titular 3 out of 10. Complete with all five episodes included as one, this will tell the tale of Shovelworks Studios and the world surrounding them. Most of this will play out through the medium of mini-games, from side scrolling brawls to pinball games right up to first person stealth affairs. But with the arrival of the console edition – and the game being optimised for Xbox Series X|S with up to 4K resolution and 60FPS – we also have access to a new Open Explore mode, all the actor profiles, the official soundtrack and an art gallery covering the earliest concepts.
Throw in a Big Head Mode, and some Director commentary and if you’re looking for a game that manages to throw some humour into the world of games development, 3 out of 10 is the one for you.
- • Open Explore: Free Roam Mode: Explore freely and learn more about the world of 3 out of 10 in this open ended experience. Can you find all the retro games?
- • Official Soundtrack: The complete soundtrack for Season One of the playable sitcom “3 out of 10”, with over 40 minutes of eclectic, catchy, and memorable tracks. Featuring music by Mike Mirabello (composer of Tower of Guns and Mothergunship) and contributions by Chris Zukowski.
- • Big Head Mode: Ever want to watch a sitcom with Big-Head mode turned on? Now you can!
- • Director Commentary: There is a lot about 3 out of 10 that is unique and Co-Directors Joe Mirabello and Chris Zukowski share some of the secrets of bringing the world’s first playable sitcom to life.
- • Concept Art Gallery: Take a tour of some of the early concept art behind 3 out of 10!
- • Actor Profiles: Learn more about the actors who play the wacky cast of 3 out of 10.
We’ll have a full review of 3 out of 10: Season One on Xbox Series X coming your way soon. But if you wish to pick this up right now, you’ll find the Xbox Store capable of providing the goods.
Join the ongoing adventures of developers at the world’s worst video game studio as they endure antics both absurd and topical. Will they ever make a game that scores higher than a 3 out of 10? Stay tuned and find out.