Are you ready to save humanity once more? Risk System is here!
Available to purchase and download on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S – although no X|S optimisation this time around – Risk System from Newt Industries hits console after previously releasing on PC through Steam to deliver some high-intensity side scrolling shoot em up action to Xbox players.
Priced at £8.39 and downloadable from the Xbox Store, there’s a super deep story rolling around in the background of Risk System, one that tells how humanity is on the verge of extinction and how you must go about saving it. Honestly though, we’re here for the shooting, especially when it is fast and furious as the trailer shows.
When you do get involved in that shooting action, Risk System is looking likely to be able to deliver the goods required of any good shmup. There’s a B-Meter which you need to keep tabs on, and firepower to build as you go. The key here is to stay as close to enemy fire as possible – the closer you get, the more energy you build.
Throw in Risk Shots, Barrel Rolls, the unleashing of a Barrier Breaker and many different paths to run down and Risk System gets better the more we read.
- Increase your B-Meter & firepower by flying as close to enemy fire as possible and absorbing its energy. The closer you fly, the more energy you net!
- Fire your weapon while close to enemy fire and absorbing to perform powerful “Risk Shots”. Enemies destroyed by these powerful shots will turn into energy to power your shield.
- Fly like an ace pilot and utilize Barrel Rolls to quickly cover vertical space & modify your attack!
- Unleash the Barrier Breaker once the B-Meter is full to inflict huge damage on everything in sight!
- Playing for points is fun again as higher scores are awarded for explosive bursts of destruction and taking risks! Destroy multiple enemies at once and utilize “Risk Shots” to build combos.
- Experience different facets and paths to the story based on your performance and actions taken during missions!
Our full review of the game is in the works and will be thrust towards your eyes in the days ahead. Keep a look out for it if you wish to know if Risk System manages to nail the aspects that we are looking for. You’ll find the game on the Xbox Store, playable on both Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
In the distant future, humanity has discovered a method to replicate matter through the use of a Dimensional Gate. Industry is revolutionized overnight and a short period of chaos gives way to all warring factions uniting under a common banner. A few years pass and the peace brought about by Gate Technology crumbles once a new threat appears; a race of energy parasites that have crossed through the Dimensional Gate by mimicking the very materials humanity had believed they were replicating. Mankind is quickly overtaken as their technology is turned against them and the energy emitted by the parasites begins to take control of those exposed. In an act of desperation, the experimental RSK9 is constructed, a ship made of Pre-Gate materials and technology with the ability to absorb parasite energy and use it to power its incredible arsenal. Piloting the RSK9 is Alys, an ace pilot previously missing in action that has returned seemingly immune to parasite control. Her skill and resistance to the parasite energies influence make her the only pilot capable of preventing the extinction of mankind.