The elven city of Lennórien has fallen, warped into the evil lands of Rarnaack: it is up to you to save it, and restore it to its former glory, in Reverie Knights Tactics.
Available today on Xbox, PlayStation, PC and Switch, Reverie Knights Tactics is a turn-based strategy title set on an isometric grid, in which you shall muster up the might of fantasy warriors in order to save Lennórien. In order to do this, you must recruit heroes to your party of four, upgrade their skills and attributes, and think pragmatically in strategic turn-based combat.
Visually, Reverie Knights Tactics is stunning, with hand-drawn art that makes every slash of a sword and blast of magic feel incredibly satisfying as it strikes a foe, of which there are many on each battle grid. The battle grids themselves are dynamic, and you can manipulate the environment in order to protect your own recruits, whilst also making it more difficult for attackers to carry out their offense.
Away from the fighting, the rest of your time with Reverie Knights Tactics will be occupied with solving puzzles, unlocking quests and exploring the world map, all in the aim of slowly bettering your abilities to fit your unique playstyle.
Each character has their own story to uncover, as you interact with your party and others alike, and the actions you take towards certain characters regarding dialogue will shape the story in an array of different ways.
Further features of Reverie Knights Tactics include:
- Beautiful Hand Drawn Art: Meticulous multilayer artwork from pencil sketch to full detail color
- Decision-driven Storyline: Make multiple decisions affecting the story, your character’s affinity towards chaos/order and other characters` reactions
- Character Customization: Customize characters’ performance attributes, skills, and accessories to improve their abilities and fit your playstyle
- Item Crafting: Collect new items and resources as you explore the world and discover their various combinations to create new, more powerful equipment and consumables
- Exploration: Find your way through an expansive map, unlocking secret quests, solving puzzles, and exploring scenarios and dungeons filled with evil and danger
- Up to Four Hero Characters: Control 4 different heroes, each one with distinct, special abilities, skills and personality, allowing multiple battle strategies and team attack combos
- Battle Phases: React to your opponents’ strategy and come up with the perfect tactic every turn, challenging you to think ahead
- Interactive Battle Scenarios: Manipulate parts of the battle environments, and use scenario effects to your advantage
- Multiple Battle Grids: Each battle contains a different isometric grid with distinct obstacles and destructible items, making every battle a unique experience
So if you are a fan of XCOM and the like, and you feel up to the monumental task of saving Lennórien, then you can do so in Reverie Knights Tactics on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, PC and Switch. For Xbox consoles, head over to the Xbox Store, where £20.99 is the price of admission.