Prefer your horror experience to come psychologically instead of via the good old jump scare? Camel 101 and Wired Productions have got you covered with the launch of the dark, deep, uncomfortable Those Who Remain on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Following hot on the heels of our exclusive interview with the team behind Those Who Remain, comes launch of the game on Xbox One, PS4 and PC – and if you’re after something to really get your teeth into, then this new first person psychological thriller looks to have it all.
Priced at just £15.99, Those Who Remain will thrust you into the world of Edward, a regular Joe who is passing through the quaint town of Dormont. That is until all hell breaks lose and the horrors within start to seep out of the world which has been heavily inspired by the likes of Twin Peaks.
Those Who Remain is a horror experience like no other, forgoing the need to utilise jump scares and instead just providing an experience which deals with tension and intrigue. With darkness playing a huge role in how this plays out, and a strange alternate reality running alongside that which Edward previously considers real, this is a highly tense, hugely thrilling affair.
“Those Who Remain has been made with love by the passionate and talented brothers, Ricardo and Bruno, and the care and attention they have invested into this game is evident throughout,” said Leo Zullo, Managing Director, Wired Productions. “Fans of psychological thrillers will enjoy the suspenseful and tense gameplay throughout the story, and I’m thrilled that we can share this supernatural experience with players around the world.”
- DARKNESS HAS EYES – Navigate the encroaching darkness and clear paths through the mysteries of Dormont. To survive, you’ll need to stay in the light by any means.
- WORLDS TORN APART – Explore two strangely interconnected dimensions and solve puzzles to unlock the mysteries held within the dark.
- CONSCIENCE OF CHOICE – Choose to condemn or reprieve the lost souls of Dormont and their cursed trove of secrets.
- SAVOUR YOUR SANITY – Discover an up-close psychological thriller that delves deep into the human psyche.
- UNIQUE ATMOSPHERIC HORROR – Immerse yourself in a tense atmospheric adventure inspired by classic supernatural film and TV series.
If you’re ready to embark on a new thrilling tale that just so happens to be the tester of your sanity then head on over to the usual digital stores right now. The Xbox Store is our favoured port of call but you’ll also find Those Who Remain available on PS4 and PC too.
Keep an eye out for our full review of Those Who Remain on Xbox One too – it’ll be with you any day. Only then will we discover whether or not Dormont is a place worth visiting.
As the lights go out, the embers of darkness are stoked in the sleepy town of Dormont. Confront uncomfortable horrors, keep your sanity in check and survive the night in this story-driven first-person psychological-thriller.