The iconic film series, The Karate Kid, received a new lease of life when the follow-up Cobra Kai delivered two excellent seasons of martial arts drama to YouTube Premium. Since arriving on Netflix though, its popularity has grown exponentially and that makes this the ideal timing for a video game tie-in. Hence, Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues steps out of the dojo to bring beat ‘em up action to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. You better be ready to strike hard and strike fast!
Inspired by the hit TV show, Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues is an epic beat ‘em up adventure featuring a brand new chapter of the long-standing rivalry between Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso. You’ll be able to take the fight into your own hands while playing through a two-sided story campaign, with voiceovers provided by William Zabka (Johnny), Ralph Macchio (Daniel), and others. Choose to either indulge in the way of the badass Cobra Kai or partake in the antics from the perspective of the Miyagi-Do Karate dojo. Completing both will reward you with the ultimate ending!
Throughout the 28 missions, you can take control of Cobra Kai’s Johnny, Miguel, Hawk and Tory or Miyagi-Do’s Daniel, Sam, Robby and Demetri. There are 40 unique skills to master as well as a selection of upgrades to acquire in order to improve the characters’ stats. You’re going to have to show no mercy if you’re to survive the enemy-filled Los Angeles environments and overcome the boss-like battles.
- •Two-Fold Storyline – Featuring an all-new storyline filled with unique cutscenes and dialog-choose to take control of Daniel and his students at Miyagi-Do Karate through a storyline campaign. Or select their rivals, Johnny Lawrence and his disciples at Cobra Kai to play their side of the story. Completing both sides of the campaign unveils an ultimate ending.
- •RPG-Like Dojo Progression – Master 40 unique skills and upgrade your characters’ stats as you karate your way through enemies.
- •Character Swap System – Choose your Dojo then seamlessly swap between your favorite characters within, including Miyagi Do’s Daniel, Robby, Sam and Demetri; or Cobra Kai’s Johnny, Miguel, Hawk and Tory.
- •Live the Cobra Kai Universe – Explore Los Angeles across 28 missions filled with characters and enemies from the show!
- •Authentic Cobra Kai Experience – Featuring the voices of William Zabka, Ralph Macchio and other top-tier cast, along with an exclusive soundtrack from the creators of the Cobra Kai show.
Should you wish to play a role in this never-ending feud, dojo sign-ups can be found for Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues on the Xbox Store – as well as the PS Store and Nintendo eShop – where the price is set at £34.99. Be sure to get in touch to let us know what you think of this tie-in game and whether you’re Team Johnny or Team Daniel!
Choose a side, master your moves, and embrace your destiny in an epic beat ’em up adventure inspired by the hit show. Take control of 8 playable characters with deep movesets, combos, progression, real-time character swaps, ultimate attacks, and much more! 34 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, the rivalry of Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence continues. The fight is in your hands now!