There are a whole host of different party games available on console and PC, but very few of them – read, none – let you slice and dice your way through the opposition with boomerangs. Until now that is as Boomerang Fu launches on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Available to purchase and download right now, Boomerang Fu on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC will set you back £12.49 in monetary costs, but you can be sure it’ll provide much more than that in terms of chaos, craziness and fun times.
Boomerang Fu from Cranky Watermelon sees you joining a veritable feast of foods as you grill, chill and spill your enemies, working with multiple power-ups and combos in order to become the most deadly, most powerful master.
This is a game that revels in the multiplayer aspect with couch cooperative play available for up to six players and super simple controls ensuring anyone and everyone can play without fear. Throw in the fact that Boomerang Fu comes complete with more than 30 areans, each with their own unique traps and obstacles, and on the face of it, there should be much to enjoy with the latest party title to hit Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. Even more so when you discover that editing the rules and amending the gameplay mechanics are more than possible.
Full features include:
- COUCH MULTIPLAYER CHAOS – Roast and toast your friends in lightning-fast rounds of cute physics combat for up to 6 players. Perfect for parties!
- STACK POWER-UPS TOGETHER – Discover a ridiculous range of power-ups like explosive boomerangs, disguises and telekinesis. Then stack your power-ups together to form outrageous combinations!
- SIMPLE CONTROLS – It only takes one stick and three buttons to pulverize your pals. Anyone can play immediately, but hardcore players will love mastering the advanced techniques of this lost martial art. Deflect attacks, recall dropped boomerangs, and curve your throws around corners to become a powerful boomerang assassin.
- OVER 30 ARENAS – Journey to an edible world as you do battle in over 30 Kung Fu arenas, each filled with unique tools and traps. Jump over moving platforms and sneak through lush foliage. Trigger sliding walls to squish your foes. Dive between giant rolling pins and delight the Toaster King.
- TEAM UP – Join forces with your buds to take on the ingenious AI opponents. Or squabble over the precious Golden Boomerang in a frantic alternative game mode.
- CHANGE THE RULES – Play with only the power-ups you love. Turn off shields. Turn on friendly fire. You change the rules to suit your tastes!
“Part food fight, part Hong Kong action cinema, Boomerang Fu takes a cute concept and makes it fun for endless hours,” said Paul Kopetko, founder of Cranky Watermelon. “Your parents probably told you not to play with your food, but now I’m very much encouraging you to do so.”
Our full review of Boomerang Fu on Xbox One will be coming your way in the days ahead so please keep an eye out for it. In the meantime you’ll discover the usual digital stores providing access. The Xbox Store is our favourite, but if you prefer to play on Nintendo Switch or PC, then so be it. Let us know in the comments if you decide to pick it up.
Slice and dice your friends with boomerangs in this frantic physics party game. Join a crew of your favorite foods as you grill, chill and spill your enemies. Discover ridiculous power-ups and stack them together in deadly combinations to become the ultimate Boomerang Fu master.